X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Need help

I have this Lizard head and discovered the neck plug is ripped.
    Does anyone know what kind of adhesive would work on a rubber Mego head?

Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

i used Household GOOP for my two-Face.

its true.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Really?
      Is it this one?

Eclectic Products, Inc. 3.7 Fl. Oz. Amazing GOOP (140211) from The Home Depot

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've used superglue, but I don't know how well it'd work on a plug: they're under a lot of stresses.

Don C.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Have you considered perhaps some type of epoxy to fix the problem? Or maybe the silicone type sealant you use to seal tile and stuff like that; it's very tough and flexible when it sets....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The4thDoctor
            Travelling thru time
            • Nov 2, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            Have you considered perhaps some type of epoxy to fix the problem? Or maybe the silicone type sealant you use to seal tile and stuff like that; it's very tough and flexible when it sets....
            I would not try epoxy...it gets brittle in time and probably would not handle being inserted into the neck hole....You'd need some type of glue that melts and bonds the two halves of the plastic head, like styrene and model cement..sorta..Any other glue adhesion would most likely break loose..IMO I've got a Zaius head that is in the same condition on its way to me so i will post results....Wayne It's gonna be trial and error..
            sigpic****WANT LIST-----WANT LIST***
            Denys Fisher Mego Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver acc
            Vintage Cheron
            Mego Spiderman right arm/hand
            SMDM right leg/pair socks
            Mego Green Goblin

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

If worst comes to worst, you might be able to find a dowel the right diameter, and insert it into the head and neck stem for extra support.

Don C.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic for glueing neck plugs!!!

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                i used Household GOOP for my two-Face.
                its true.
                OK!!! I went out and bought Amazing E-6000, that is made Eclectic Products Inc. (They also make Household GOOP and all GOOPs).
                This one says Industrial Strength on the tube, and the chart on the package says best for rubber and vinyl over Super Glue, etc.
                I tried it twice, and both times the glue never really dried. I was just stretchy and gooey, and the rip was not mended.

Recently, I purchased Loctite Vinyl, fabric & plastic and it seems to have done the trick!!! I will update this if I have any problems but at this time
                I say BRAVO!!!

Now I have to get going cuz I have a Shazam and A.J. next plug to glue!!!
                Last edited by BATMAN89; Mar 18, '12, 3:02 PM.

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                  Persistent Member
                  • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                  OK!!! I went out and bought Amazing E-6000, that is made Eclectic Products Inc. (They also make Household GOOP and all GOOPs).
                  This one says Industrial Strength on the tube, and the chart on the package says best for rubber and vinyl over Super Glue, etc.
                  I tried it twice, and both times the glue never really dried. I was just stretchy and gooey, and the rip was not mended.

Recently, I purchased Loctite Vinyl, fabric & plastic and it seems to have done the trick!!! I will update this if I have any problems but at this time
                  I say BRAVO!!!

Now I have to get going cuz I have a Shazam and A.J. next plug to glue!!!
                  Thanks for the great tip Batman89. I'll be adding Loctite to my next shopping list for sure!!!
                  PS. Like customizers of the Month. I think we should spotlight members who provide great tips!!! This would be my nomination!!!
                  Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                  MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• torgospizza
                    Theocrat of Pan Tang
                    • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                    Recently, I purchased Loctite Vinyl, fabric & plastic and it seems to have done the trick!!!
                    I was going to suggest Shoe Goo--which is made by the same company as Goop--but I'd never heard of Loctite Vinyl. That's good info--thanks for posting that!
                    Last edited by torgospizza; Mar 23, '12, 8:37 PM.

Comment

• Boris71
                      GeekBot' For Life
                      • May 13, 2007

I have Used a product called Plasti Zap to atatch a neck plug to a head with no problems so far, the company does a load of diffrent types of supoer glue
                      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎