X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bkane
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 27, 2010

Loose knees

I just restrung an original female body... but her knees are loose.

Anytips on tightening them up? Or is she (whoever she ends up being) doomed to fall over forevermore?
    Last edited by Bkane; Jan 26, '12, 9:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I recommend a hearty regiment of daily deep knee bends to build up those pansy knee muscl----ohhh, that's right, she doesn't HAVE knee muscles. Hmm----I guess I should leave this subject to the experts....!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Is that a Mego female body? Here's an excerpt from the repair section of the museum...

33. Repairing Knee Joints

Put super glue in the joint (not the pin portion, but the area where the legs actually rub together). After putting the super glue in the joint, be sure to work the knee back and forth. Don't bending the knee, as you might stick the knees permanently. After 4 or 5 minutes of bending the knee, you should see a much stiffer knee! As for stiff knees, try bending the knee a lot until it loosens.
      Last edited by MIB41; Jan 26, '12, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

As for stiff knees, try bending the knee a lot until it loosens.
        I've heard ibuprofen will help with the pain, too!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bkane
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 27, 2010

Thanks!! and yes it is an original Mego body

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

How did you manage to restring her?
            JediJaida

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Drill out the Knees, and put a larger size Styrene rod in there ....
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                Is that a Mego female body? Here's an excerpt from the repair section of the museum...

33. Repairing Knee Joints

Put super glue in the joint (not the pin portion, but the area where the legs actually rub together). After putting the super glue in the joint, be sure to work the knee back and forth. Don't bending the knee, as you might stick the knees permanently. After 4 or 5 minutes of bending the knee, you should see a much stiffer knee! As for stiff knees, try bending the knee a lot until it loosens.
                Can you supply a link to where you found that?

Comment

• piecemaker
                  There's no need to fear..
                  • Jan 26, 2009

I read on here someone was dipping the loose knee in boiling hot water for a minute or so and then applying a small clamp to the knee for a few minutes and that was working. Found the thread,post 5. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ht=female+knee
                  Last edited by piecemaker; Jan 27, '13, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ a while back I gave the knee boil a go, but used an alternated clamp with poor results. Me thinks that specific clamp must be key to the operation.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by piecemaker
                      I read on here someone was dipping the loose knee in boiling hot water for a minute or so and then applying a small clamp to the knee for a few minutes and that was working. Found the thread,post 5. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ht=female+knee
                      Bingo. This is what how figured out it would work. Since the plastic when heated becomes malleable, it made sense to try it on the knees of the female body. Using the a couple of plastic clothes pin with rubber ends I squeezed the joint and let it cool down. For faster results put it in the freezer. I did this a few times with great results. Takes time and patience.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎