X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

ok what is the weirdest toy you own?

ok taking a que (and not trying to thread steal) from RCHE's topics of weirdest accessory and weirdest action figure, how about just weirdest toy in general?

I bought this thing back in the early to mid 80's. It uses those popular (at the time) rubber faces with the 3 holes in the back to make the face move.

This battery op toy had a device in the head to contort the face, it swayed from side to side (but the feet stayed in place), the axe lights up red and it plays the song "when the saints go marching in". It makes absolutely no sense at all.

It gained in popularity back then becasue it was later shown on the Tonight show With Johnny Carson.

I forgot the actual title this odd toy went under, but here he is below:

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

According to my friends, any of them. Most people who don't collect toys think it is weird for adult men to do so.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Megospidey
      According to my friends, any of them. Most people who don't collect toys think it is weird for adult men to do so.
      I always found things like that funny because most of non toy collectors will have a slew of video games and other "nerdy" crap which is no different than what we do
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Saroyan
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 4, 2011

I have a few that are a little odd.

The Boba Fett motorcycle is odd- I also have the Luke Skywalker and will have Darth Vader (if the ebay seller with the broken leg gets it in the mail).

Another odd one is my Action Man Dr X with "Toxic Gut"!

I love the box art- he's saying Oh Yeah! I got an exposed toxic gut!! What are you gonna do about it, hero??

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Empire Hulk helicopter. How is the Hulk supposed to pilot a helicopter? He has the intelligence of a head of lettuce.
          Last edited by enyawd72; Jan 25, '12, 2:58 PM.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

OK Maz, that rubber face thing is just plain weird. Seriously lost in translation from concept to execution on that one.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Gre-Gory and Suckerman. A large toy bat with blood pumping clear guts and a rubber alien covered in suction cups. Mattel used to make some really cool and strange toys.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Maybe the weirdest toy I have is a Glow-in-the-dark Lady Death action figure? It's like the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story". Glowing Sexual Plastic is hard to resist.

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

Mugato is my pick for weirdest Mego - just look at that dude!

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                    Career Member
                    • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by mazinz
                    I forgot the actual title this odd toy went under...
                    That's the Magic Monster by Heartland. Follow the link for more info courtesy Weirdo Toys.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Dr. X is awesome.

The weirdest toy I want to re-own is the Screeech spooky owl projector game by Parker brothers. I loved is as a kid.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• misterdroid
                        Banned
                        • Jan 10, 2008

I think these guys are on the strange side... Coco Boy and Skull Bonz.

Figures based on a sprawling back story developed around the artwork on the cover of a Japanese heavy metal bands record. The main character being Cocobat Joe, who is a grasshopper kickboxer. These guys are mortal enemies, who for some reason, wear crocodile masks and fight. A lot. The box has a big fold out comic, but all I really get out of it is that they fight... a lot. Skull Bonz, the copper colored guy has a skull under his croc mask, Coco Boy, has a human head under his mask. And he wears glasses.

Comment

• Den82
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

I like weird toys. 60s and 70s were the best for them.

I don't own anything weird. Although some other might find them weird.

Like these:

Or my Emerald the Enchanted Witch doll from the 70s, mostly because it's a girl toy.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                            • Jan 22, 2008

Designer art toy vinyl by Mark Ryden. Approx 15"
                            Last edited by 4NDR01D; Jan 25, '12, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                              • Jan 22, 2008

another tall one, about 15". Antonnette the Sympathy Girl. Record label mascot for Sympathy for the Record Industry.
                              Last edited by 4NDR01D; Jan 25, '12, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎