X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Reed Richards ride

When he's not being totally boring, Mr Fantastic likes to cruise around in his awesome muscle car. What I love about this toy is the Fantastic Four have a totally cool space vehicle that they ride around in but the folks at Fleetwood went and made him a car instead.

That's like releasing a Batman figure on a tenspeed which probably got done by Hasbro in the 1990s....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Now, Johnny was into hotrods. That would make sense. And I assume they made a car with each of the Four. But Reed. He may have been too involved with his experiments to ever even get his driver's license. Like a super-heroic Sheldon Cooper.

I've never seen these before. Love the mostly original artwork with the classic Romita Sue there.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

The Stretcho-mobile? I think Fleetwood excelled at making some of the most fun rack toys around. My favorite from them was the Ghostrider stunt cycle. Yes, the Rider looked silly, but the idea you could change him from Ghostrider to Johnny Storm struck that Mego-spirit in me. And so I had to have one. That and the bike looked bad arse.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
        Career Member
        • Nov 27, 2009

What makes these rack toys so awesome is how ugly they are! I love the toy, packaging, art, etc. Reminds me of Ben Cooper costumes and art, and nothing is better than that!
        If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• MightyMegs
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 5, 2009

I'm thinking Stan Lee had a hand in picking that as Reed's car... lol

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

Actually, I think it looks pretty cool. With imagination, as a kid, I would have just thought of it as part of the Fantasticar.
            It's all good!

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Look at the smaller cars on that card. How is that car The Human Torch is in not on fire? And that other car must have pretty good shocks to hold The Thing.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎