X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

does anyone recall...

For years I have been trying to find the name of a particular toy. I got it for christmas in about 78 or 79, but I could be wrong.
    The toy was a crank operated casting set. It made busts of universal-esque monsters. A werewolf, frankenstein, vampire and a 4th I cannot recall. I sort of remember a gillman style water monster.
    If I remember right, you put plaster in a plastic 2 part mold, clipped it into a frame, and cranked like crazy. It had exposed gears and sort of a gyroscoping action so the plaster would coat the mold evenly. I think it was green and purple.
    Any idea?
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I recall seeing the wolfman one (at a toy store in the 80's that still had crap on the shelf from the end of the 1960's and on), but cannot remember the name. I wanted to buy it, but it was just the mold piece without the full toy to go with it if my memory serves correct

WAIT was this it:

http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/MonsterMachine.html
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

YES! I swore it was called Monster Machine, but searched kept turning up a thing which you used to draw trucks, hot wheels, etc.
      I have been trying to figure out this mystery for a long time. That is why I love the mego museum.

Comment

• megoat
        A Therefore Experience
        • Jun 10, 2003

I found one of these at a thrift about 3 or 4 years ago. I actually used it! Pretty fun....

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎