X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Shogun Warriors info?

Anybody have a good website or database of pics and info? I fondly remember these and would like to explore them more and check out all the releases and foreign exclusives I missed. I only had Dragun and Godzilla as a child, but I'm finding them more and more fascinating now. Terrific designs. Any help would be cool.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I know I have hit this place a lot.
    http://www.wildtoys.com/Shogun/index.asp

I don't think they have much info on the Popys, but lots of stuff on US versions.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, wildtoys is one of the best places for the US stuff.

As for the Popy Jumbo Machinders, not much in English. The late, lamented Cool Japanese Toys site is gone, but Sean Bonner's Jumboland is still up, with some good info and pics of many of the robots, but the site hasn't been updated in nearly 10 years (!) :

Other than that, you could browse around sites like CollectionDX, Robot Japan and ToyboxDX to find more info.

One book I'd recommend if you can find it is the "Saito Encyclopedia" of Jumbo Machinders. It's a small book, not much text, but has gorgeous full page colour photos of nearly every Jumbo released in Japan. I love looking through this book. It's the third book at the bottom in this link:

Last edited by cjefferys; Jan 20, '12, 8:40 PM.

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

What also will help to a degree is ebay. Make sure your preference search is set to "worldwide" and then type in "jumbo machinder". I have a seen a ton of foreign releases that way as well as many 1970's bootlegged versions from wherever-
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎