X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Action Man for 1976

I'm always perplexed at how much a difference an ocean makes, GI Joe by this time was all about Mike Power and Bullet Man (not complaining!) and kids in the UK were choosing machine guns.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Yep!!! We were becoming a kinder and gentler nation...Too bad it was wholey unrealistic in the world view of the time. PS Mike Power lost his limbs in NAM.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• babycyclops
      Career Member
      • Jul 9, 2010

That Scorpion tank is bad-*****!

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I think it was market pressure most likely. Think about it. The Six Million Dollar Man was THE show on television. And shows like the Wild Kingdom were becoming passe' which, let's face it, alot of the Adventure Team was based on (that and National Geographic). A science fiction-based theme was probably a direction they felt like they had to go. And Power Man was certainly their tip of the hat to Steve Austin. That being said, I have a tremendous respect and admiration for the Action man line. I've always felt like they were more focused on the themes that worked best in this format.
        Last edited by MIB41; Jan 19, '12, 8:37 AM.

Comment

• Saroyan
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 4, 2011

Action Man- Gi Joe's cousin with the bad teeth!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
            I think it was market pressure most likely. Think about it. The Six Million Dollar Man was THE show on television. And shows like the Wild Kingdom were becoming passe' which, let's face it, alot of the Adventure Team was based on (that and National Geographic). A science fiction-based theme was probably a direction they felt like they had to go. And Power Man was certainly their tip of the hat to Steve Austin. That being said, I have a tremendous respect and admiration for the Action man line. I've always felt like they were more focused on the themes that worked best in this format.
            It's actually well documented that a Hasbro exec wanted to license Six Million Dollar Man but was refused the budget, so they knocked the concept off within the Joe line. Atomic Man sold well for a brief period until Kenner released the bionic line.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Action Man had all the bad ***** vehicles

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢