Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my G-Will Junk... ERRR I mean finds.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Some of my G-Will Junk... ERRR I mean finds.

Too Many times I haul stuff home from the thrift stores for customizing and flat-out selling on Greedbay and totally forget to give people here a look see. Most of the stuff I'm finding is beat to heck and back. And I have a time and a half trying to describe it as such. Explains the word "Junk" in my title. So here is some of my noteworthy vintage toy finds of late.

80's Junk!!! Mostly.

Oh and some 70's Junk.

At best I would say these are in Fair condition, But I love these flixs.

Maybe she would have out-shined Evil if she rode her cycle like this???

Not really a Jigsaw Puzzle buyer, But the artwork really grabbed me. Adam's, Romita??? No idea but would love to know. PS after picking it up, I realized the box was still sealed.

Here's where thing get fuzzy. I know the toy lines but not the names of the charactor's Right to left Mighty Crusaders and Remco Sgt Rock. The little guy I have no clue but I'm calling him the Mike Rowe action figure.

My last WAZZIT?!?! Rifle has no markings and is just under 7 inches long. I think it maybe Marx like a Johnny West frontiersman item but not sure.
    Last edited by ddgaff1132; Jan 12, '12, 12:47 AM. Reason: spell'n
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Hey, Not bad finds at all there. I have been saying for some time that the 80's stuff is the new 70's. I have not been going around to all of the places as much as I use to because the weather here in MO is kind of sucky vs. Phoenix.

The colder it gets here the less motivated I am to get out and look for toys for now at least. Besides I have so much stuff stored away in my man cave I would put a squirrel to shame. When I go to my man cave it is like going to my own private mega store.

Kudos on the nice finds and for sharing the pictures. It is always great to see someone get something note worthy here.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

I have no attraction to most of this stuff. Most of it is or will be going to ebay. Since losing my job. Ive been selling to keep afloat. The only thing of interest personaly for me is the Remco guy. I so wanta rip that head off for a Mego custom. Its perfect scale. But!!! I gotta try selling it cause rent and food come first.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
        I have no attraction to most of this stuff. Most of it is or will be going to ebay. Since losing my job. Ive been selling to keep afloat. The only thing of interest personaly for me is the Remco guy. I so wanta rip that head off for a Mego custom. Its perfect scale. But!!! I gotta try selling it cause rent and food come first.

Ahh man, Sorry to hear that. I totally understand your reasoning though.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Cool... I had those Flash Gordon and Clash Of The Titans Golden Books as a kid. Not sure what happened to them.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

that model van is pretty ****ing awesome
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

How big is the dinosaur van? it's cool, as is the army dude.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

Pretty sure the superman artwork is Byrne circa. '88

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I think the Superman puzzle is either Byrne inked by Jerry Ordway, or just Ordway. I have it myself and have always wondered which one it is. I detect Ordway's inks at the very least, but the meteors and the face look more Byrne-like.

The Mighty Crusader bad guy is "The Sting". I don't think the guy next to him is a Sgt. Rock figure, as they were 3 3/4" size.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I don't think the guy next to him is a Sgt. Rock figure, as they were 3 3/4" size.
                    It's from Remco's Sarge Team. It was, more or less, their 5 inch version of Sgt Rock. It used the same teams and character names. Except Sgt Rock became Sarge. I'm guessing so they didn't have to pay the DC license since Remco made up all the other names and characters. That one is called Snake. He's a bad guy from the cleverly named villians team "The Bad Guys." I think they are worth about $25 to $30 MOC.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 14, '12, 9:55 PM. Reason: typos
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                      Pretty sure the superman artwork is Byrne circa. '88
                      The copyright is 1983 if that helps. Crykees!!! I graduated High School the same year!!!
                      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

^I think the Superman puzzle is either Byrne inked by Jerry Ordway, or just Ordway. I have it myself and have always wondered which one it is. I detect Ordway's inks at the very least, but the meteors and the face look more Byrne-like.

The Mighty Crusader bad guy is "The Sting". I don't think the guy next to him is a Sgt. Rock figure, as they were 3 3/4" size.

Chris
                        Nobody on Greedbay cared for the Mighty Crusader guy. I hope the Sarge fig does better. Nobody has mentioned the Rifle in the last image. I was hoping to confirm that it belongs to a Marx Johnny West figure. I mentioned in my Thrift Store Archeology??? post that J. West items have been a BIG find in my local thriftstores and I was hoping the old Kentucky Rifle was part of the trend!!!
                        Oh yeah. The red van is a Kenner SSP. minus the ripcord. Yep that went!!!
                        Last edited by ddgaff1132; Jan 15, '12, 12:48 AM. Reason: Add data
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

think the Superman puzzle is either Byrne inked by Jerry Ordway, or just Ordway. I have it myself and have always wondered which one it is. I detect Ordway's inks at the very least, but the meteors and the face look more Byrne-like.
                          Yea, it might be to clean to be Byrnes inks. Kinda suprised its from '83 though.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

I bet that clash of the titans adaptation is alsome , btw.

Comment

• torgospizza
                              Theocrat of Pan Tang
                              • Aug 19, 2010

That's a good analysis, Chris, and I think you're dead-on. I know Ordway did a lot of merchandising art for DC before getting put on the Superman books regularly, but there's a lot of Byrne-ish stuff here and there in it. It's got to be the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎