X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleepboxes
    • Jan 9, 2012

mego muson synthesizer schematic for repair

good day!

This is my first post here as I'm looking for something you guys probably know more about. I was asked by a friend to repair a Mego Muson Synthesizer for him, but they're quite rare nowadays and I cant find not much about them. Does anyone know of a schematic available?

talking about this one:
    miniorgan - MEGO, MUSON SYNTHESIZER (1978)

thank you all for reading!

gr, Mic
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome to the museum! Good luck finding your information. There's so much Mego made that I've never heard of.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

If you don't have luck here, then I'd recommend my friend's website and post on the lounge there(It's FACEBOOK). It's all synthesizers you might find someone there that might help you out.

Matrixsynth.com

Here's his email: matrixsynth@gmail.com

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

WOW! Never heard of that item. What about searching the U.S. Patent website? Do you think MEGO would have filed technical specs. with them? I wish you luck and hope you find the info.

Also, maybe this guy could help. He dissected an old Big Trak. Maybe you could send him pics of the circut board and he could tell what's wrong and how to fix it?

Inside the Big Trak - Robot Room
        Last edited by johnmiic; Jan 9, '12, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• bleepboxes
          • Jan 9, 2012

thanks for the replies! much appreciated! I've so far contacted Hasbro.. Since they took over Palitoy (a company that also released the mego muson synth) the very helpful guy from miniorgan.com for pics of the electronics board of his muson (but could only give me one side because the board is mounted in the enclosure and he didnt want to risk breaking it. who could blame him )

. There was one on Ebay last week.. that went for 250 dollar :0.. my search goes on.. i dont know much about us patent sites.. since Im from Europe.. could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks!!

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

I checked the US Patent database, with no results on it from Mego. It is possible the toy was designed by someone else, and licensed to Mego (like many of the Micronauts toys), so Mego wouldn't have gotten the patent even if the product they developed from the concept differed significantly from the inventor's original design. With that as the case, it would be a significant challenge to research the patent.
            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍