X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MightyMegs
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 5, 2009

Good news/bad news at OSI Headquarters

Okay, so I just got an awesome 6MDM OSI playset. I never even knew this existed as a kid. For being mostly cardboard, it's pretty awesome (altho I'm not sure what to think of the glamour-shot of Steve Austin that Oscar has on his wall... and Jamie is no where to be seen).

I was REALLY surprised by all the wires and battery compartment in the desk... but that's the bad news; I have no idea how anything works. So, does anyone has a scan of... or could point me to... a copy of the instruction sheet? I've scoured Google, but nothing. Help!
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

I can't help you, but I'd still like to see some pics of the set.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Jason73
      Correctamundo!
      • Jan 11, 2009

Oh yeah, take some pics? I've been wanting this set for many years. No idea how it works though.
      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I have the set. Let me check and see if the instructions came with it. I'll let you know.

Comment

• MightyMegs
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
          I have the set. Let me check and see if the instructions came with it. I'll let you know.
          AWESOME!

Here's some pics:

What this hooks to, I have no idea....

'Six million dollars, and worth every penny...'

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

The playset and Oscar both look super minty!
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I have to pull it from storage tomorrow, but I'll try and walk you through it until then. The item Oscar is holding is a buzzer that actually goes in behind the white deposit box on the wall. You have a battery compartment underneath that holds, I believe, two D size batteries. Don't hold me to that, but I think that's right. They power that buzzer and the other feature which is a small light bulb that shines inside that translucent screen to the right inside the desk. Where it says "OSI Top Secret". You should have some film negatives that come with it. When you feed them through the bottom slot they go into this screen where you can view them when the bulb is on.

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

I have to pull it from storage tomorrow, but I'll try and walk you through it until then. The item Oscar is holding is a buzzer that actually goes in behind the white deposit box on the wall. You have a battery compartment underneath that holds, I believe, two D size batteries. Don't hold me to that, but I think that's right. They power that buzzer and the other feature which is a small light bulb that shines inside that translucent screen to the right inside the desk. Where it says "OSI Top Secret". You should have some film negatives that come with it. When you feed them through the bottom slot they go into this screen where you can view them when the bulb is on.
                one if these days Tom you have take pictures of your collection ?

Comment

• Jason73
                  Correctamundo!
                  • Jan 11, 2009

Great photos. I just set the second one as my desktop background.
                  Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by kennermike
                    one if these days Tom you have take pictures of your collection ?
                    I know. Emeraldknight will tell you. I'm in the midst of remodeling my basement, so alot of it is in storage right now until I finish. I want everything to have a cool presentation. At least, everything that truly counts. I'm scheduled to get interviewed for a book with shots of my collection in it, but I'm really going to be cutting it close getting my remodeling done before he needs to get the shots. If I had more than one set of hands, I would probably be further along. But it's alot of work to tear down old paneling and put up new drywall, sand, and paint it all. THEN move my collection back into it. I'm going to get there though. Then the pics will come. Promise Mike!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

Yeah i second that Tom, get a move on already lol. I would love to see your collection some day.

Comment

• MightyMegs
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 5, 2009

I know. Emeraldknight will tell you. I'm in the midst of remodeling my basement, so alot of it is in storage right now until I finish. I want everything to have a cool presentation. At least, everything that truly counts. I'm scheduled to get interviewed for a book with shots of my collection in it, but I'm really going to be cutting it close getting my remodeling done before he needs to get the shots. If I had more than one set of hands, I would probably be further along. But it's alot of work to tear down old paneling and put up new drywall, sand, and paint it all. THEN move my collection back into it. I'm going to get there though. Then the pics will come. Promise Mike!
                        I'd like to see those pics too, when they're ready...

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                          Persistent Member
                          • Oct 3, 2007

Awesome item there MightyM. I also didnt know of the OSI office playset. Learn something new every day!!!
                          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• MightyMegs
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                            Awesome item there MightyM. I also didnt know of the OSI office playset. Learn something new every day!!!
                            I found another playset I never knew existed, while I was checking Google for OSI instructions... the Bionic Woman had a classroom playset, complete with erasable chalk board!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

What a sweet set! Hope you get it hooked up and working right.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎