X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Don't Bother.

It's generally standard practice in the movie business, but I find in particular Horror movies will draw you into a ticket purchase or rental based solely around a title or a poster. Often it fails to deliver.

As a public service to your fellow horror lovers out there, which films shouldn't we bother with?

Here's a recent Time-Waster IMHO...

Flight of the Living Dead AKA Plane Dead.
    How could I possibly pass this up? It's like Night of the Living Dead meets Snakes on a Plane! Yup. I got suckered into this cheap smash and grab. Nothing really redeeming about this one. Neither Good nor Bad enough to be entertaining on either end of the spectrum.

Yesterday The Quick and The Undead was beckoning at me from the DVD shelves. A ZOMBIE WESTERN? How long will I be able to resist this one?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! I know what you mean,but to me that's all part of the fun with Zombie flicks,they're usually cheap and cheasy anyways
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I have to tell you I thought the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween was the most deplorable piece of trash ever made. I think it should have been X-rated. It doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

It happened to me yesterday with a new rental called Werewolf-The Devils Hound.
        What a waste of film!
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

I thought "Flight" was hilarious and laughed all the way through.....as a horror though it was deplorable.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• ramsey37
            • Jun 18, 2001

Pretty much every sequel to both "Poltergeist" and "The Howling" is a complete and utter waste of time. The first films from both series were pretty good, but everything after will sap your will to live....
            George

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by ramsey37
              Pretty much every sequel to both "Poltergeist" and "The Howling" is a complete and utter waste of time. The first films from both series were pretty good, but everything after will sap your will to live....
              George
              There were two redeeming aspects to Howling 2 for me and they both belonged to sybil Danning.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
                • Feb 2, 2008

I too gotta go with the remake of Halloween...the original is perfection, the remake is complete crap and is utterly disgusting!

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

The Exorcist: The Beginning.... boring
                  All the sequels to Psycho... waste of film
                  Anyhting with zombies tho and I'm there
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Chris DVM
                    Veterinarian Member
                    • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
                    Try the movie Troll with, of all people, Sonny Bono. A horrible movie, but becomes so bad it is funny. One of my all time favorite bad bad movies. Another one, and the name escapes me, stars Walter Koenig and Bruce Campbell as astronauts who go to the moon to find creatures that scavage machine and body parts to make cyborg like creatures to continue their race. Now this one is not even good bad, it is just bad bad bad.
                    Chris DVM
                    P.S. I just looked it up - Moontrap. More like Mooncrap.
                    CWJ
                    Last edited by Chris DVM; Mar 4, '08, 4:04 PM.
                    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

If you see the words "Directed by Uwe Boll" on a film, turn it off right then and go to a gas station that has one of those things that cooks hot dogs while they rotate.

Watch that for nintey minutes instead, it's a better time.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Stupidest movies I ever watched were;

Eraserhead-by david Lynch I think???Complete crapfest!!!

I was a teenage zombie-there is a zombie pimp and a zombie fly???This movie was just plain sickening to me(the Zombie pimp sex/rape scene)!!! I love Zombie flicks as well so it has to be crappy for me to not like it.

And I agree anything from Uwe Boll!!!
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                          Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                          • Nov 12, 2005

I think the "Final Destination" movies were so bad, they are some of the funniest movies I ever saw. It is not a waste of time if you want a good laugh, but it is a waste of time of you watch them in a "horror movie" frame of mind.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                            I think the "Final Destination" movies were so bad, they are some of the funniest movies I ever saw. It is not a waste of time if you want a good laugh, but it is a waste of time of you watch them in a "horror movie" frame of mind.
                            I don't think the movies themselves are that bad, I just don't think of them as horror movies, just like I don't see "Scream" or "I know what you did last Summer" as horror movies. Bloody action movies is more like it
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Final Destination movies are horrible.. as well as silent hill films.... gore flicks are just too much for my taste....anything with PG-13 ghost story is pretty damn scary though just like the old classic films that ment to scare, not digust.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎