X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Japanese Stretch Monster Pics

Decided to change my avatar pic and realized I've never posted any photos of my previous moniker the "stretch andro". I bought this guy, probably in 2008, from a seller in Japan. I asked for a translation of the Japanese on the box and that's what he replied it was. I've always assumed that that's true, but I've never had anybody else confirm it. He's pretty hard to find, but I've seen him sell for much less than what I paid. No regrets, it was just one of those things I had to have.

the Japanese translates to "missionary position".
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

That's really cool, I've been tempted by one of these in the past. It really resembles the "keeper of the purple twilight" from the Outer Limits.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      That's really cool, I've been tempted by one of these in the past. It really resembles the "keeper of the purple twilight" from the Outer Limits.

http://figure-archive.net/photos/v024/_00079232.jpg
      You beat me too it, I have the Sideshow figures and will post them later.
      Stretch monster X Outer Limits = The Andro.

There's also a rarer mini-version that I can't live with myself for not buying when it was a reasonable price. Maybe about 7 or 8 inches.
      Last edited by 4NDR01D; Jan 6, '12, 1:50 PM.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I've always assumed that that's true, but I've never had anybody else confirm it.

On the box he's called "Andoro seijin." Translates to Andoro alien.... "andoro" COULD be a proper name, or a short form of android, or both. (Japanese is weird....)

He's also referred to as Mr X's rival. Is "Mr X" the Japanese Stretch Armstrong?

>the Japanese translates to "missionary position".

"Body Scissors," but close enough.

Don C.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          • Jan 22, 2008

Thanks Don, I wish I had of asked years ago.
          Yes Mr. X is his rival. He's a brown haired Stretch Armstrong that has been lent to a museum member. I have the box and head but the rubber body was very thin and would continuously make his feet swell to ridiculous proportions.
          It didn't survive.

Originally posted by ctc
          >I've always assumed that that's true, but I've never had anybody else confirm it.

On the box he's called "Andoro seijin." Translates to Andoro alien.... "andoro" COULD be a proper name, or a short form of android, or both. (Japanese is weird....)

He's also referred to as Mr X's rival. Is "Mr X" the Japanese Stretch Armstrong?

>the Japanese translates to "missionary position".

"Body Scissors," but close enough.

Don C.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

That side panel looks like some bizarre alien/human interspecies Kama Sutra.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

That is pretty cool. My regular stretch monster was one of my favorite toys as a kid.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ctc

Yeah, I was coming in to post the same thing. "Andoro" has me a bit confused too, a shortened "android" is the only thing that comes to mind (the Japanese language loves to shorten foreign words).

Really cool pics Andy, it's a neat looking toy and I love the box art.

EDIT: I just showed the pics to my wife. The kanji on the other side of the box refers to him as a "stretchable alien". She had no idea about what "andoro" could mean, but she said she will try to look it up.
                Last edited by cjefferys; Jan 7, '12, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                  That side panel looks like some bizarre alien/human interspecies Kama Sutra.
                  AhHHH beat me to it!!!! That first side pic is messed up.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎