X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overkill
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2007

Robin Belt and Body Type Variations

I looked through the Museum's Gallery and noticed how there are 3 different types of Robin belts. The cloth,translucent,and opaque. I was wondering if these belts were specific to the body type of the Mego it was put on. Like was the cloth one put on the type 1 body, and ONLY released on the type 1 body? Or are the belts just mix and match? Like Mego put all variations of the belts on both type 1 and 2 bodies.

I'm asking this because I'm currently seeking an opaque belted Robin, and I want to know if there is a specific body it should be on. I want to display my Robins correctly as if they were sold straight from the Mego corporation. I have the cloth and the translucent belted Robins and they are both on type 1 bodies.Is that correct?

Any help would be much appreciated!

PS-I also have one last question on body variations. On ebay I've seen a few naked Robins that have blue bottoms. (Or dark blue, can't really tell). Same thing with Batman. What's up with those? xP
    Last edited by Overkill; Dec 27, '07, 3:10 AM.
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Robin should ALWAYS have green shorts. Batman should ALWAYS have black SEWN INTO THE SUIT shorts. Mego never made blue removable shorts. Those are probably Doc Mego reproductions.

The translucent plastic can go on either body type, the later issue opaque is type 2 only.

...I think. I'm pretty sure of this but a little confirmation from someone else would make me feel more confident.

Comment

• Overkill
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Oh thank you for clarifying the belt variations! Even if you aren't totally sure, it's still a suggestion I can start working on. I'm glad that you believe the opaque version goes on a type 2 body. I still need a type 2 Robin for my collection.

Also, you misunderstood what I meant about the blue bottoms (I worded it weirdly, sorry about that xP) I meant that the actual plastic of the figure is colored, not the costume. Like instead of being a complete skin toned body, the butt piece is colored blue, sort of like painted on underwear maybe? I was wondering if this is another body variation, or just a different body that a Robin/Batman head was put into. I always see these naked figures on ebay, and was wondering if it's something I should consider getting, for variations sakes. Here's an example I found from ebay:

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Blue is probably the most common pelvis color for t2 bodies. It's not a variation really.

I don't personally consider pelvis colors variations. Chips figures seem to always feature black pelvis peices, but if I came across a blue one, I wouldn't consider it a variation worth noting. They made different color pelvis peices throughout their reign, and since the WGSH's were made throughout that time, it wouldn't surprise me to see any color pelvis on any WGSH. Well, except maybe Lizard or Torch.

Comment

• Overkill
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 19, 2007

Oh I see, thank you! I never read anything about the colored bottoms so I wanted to know what was up with them and if they were knockoffs or something. Now I know that Mego actually distributed these.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎