X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

More pics of Restringing T-1 Mego body

Updated, I'm back and I noticed my old pics is gone on this post. I posted it on my gallery -

I will removing all of this blank pics and uploading original pics here as soon.

I borrow that pic from Yahoo Mego Group File, I highly recommended this one that still works great on my T-1 Mego Planet of the Apes figures!

That looks different than my idea,

This is 1st step.

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 4 (shown white string inside of the pelvis)

Step5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Step 9

Step 10

STEP 11

STEP 12

Step 13

Step 14

Step 15

DONE!

Looks much better!

Any questions?

Last edited by Mr Mego; Jul 23, '17, 4:53 PM. Reason: Old pics is gone, uploading original pics
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

I used the guide in the custom section:

CustoMego

I think I would prefer going through the neck hole 1st over the waist. I would think you can get a tighter pull on the figure.

Comment

• Mr Mego
      Love to play with Megos
      • Oct 19, 2003

That CustoMego doesn't working right on my T-1 body, it keep the legs spreading.

I restrung my Ape body that is tighter as like from the factory.
      Last edited by Mr Mego; Jan 7, '12, 1:21 AM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Hey Pat, Thanks for the tutorial. I have never restrung a Mego figure before. I know those who have say that it is very easy to do. I just never really had the need to do it. I do have a bunch of parts that I have accumulated so I may give it a whirl some time.

I did restring a Action Team mate Jim Hart figure some time ago. That was fun.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Nice job and great pictures.
          I followed the tutorial and did my first one a couple of years ago. The hardest part was finding the elastic!
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Commander
            That CustoMego doesn't working right on my T-1 body, it keep legs spreading.

I restrung my Ape body that is tighter as like from the factory.
            You mean like this?

I had this same problem with the legs spreading and came up with a fix. I'll post it shortly.

Comment

• gman
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 4, 2002

Excellent tutorial Pat!!! I might restring a couple of old Type 1 bodies that have the legs all spread out. Your ape body came out looking pretty good.
              Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

That is the part that I dislike the most about the T1 figures. The legs spreading apart. It makes it more of a challenge to pose them when they are loose.

Of course this does not mean that I am going to go through and open up my carded T1's to restring them. Since they are still in the packages they can stay that way.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by magyar1964
                  Yes, that's the same this CustoMego one doesn't working right on my T-1 body that I've been tried and it kept the legs spreading apart.

So, I use this my own idea still works great to me - More pics of Restringing T-1 Mego body - Mego Talk

This one - http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...egoPOTA049.jpg

Not this one - http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...1964/T1old.jpg

Originally posted by Hotfoot
                  Nice job and great pictures.
                  I followed the tutorial and did my first one a couple of years ago. The hardest part was finding the elastic!
                  Thanks for kind word, the elastic string that I bought from Hobby Lobby Craft stores. It has the same size as original one, glad found it there!
                  Last edited by Mr Mego; Jan 26, '12, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                    That is the part that I dislike the most about the T1 figures. The legs spreading apart. It makes it more of a challenge to pose them when they are loose.

Of course this does not mean that I am going to go through and open up my carded T1's to restring them. Since they are still in the packages they can stay that way.
                    Yeah, I'm almost lost interest in T-1 bodies with the factory elastic strings and it keeps the legs spreading apart. I figured out how do it the other way by myself last 7 yrs ago but I won't restring on dead minty all original complete figs removed from the packages by previous owners. You're right IF they are still in the packages they can stay that way.
                    Last edited by Mr Mego; Jan 26, '12, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      • Oct 23, 2007

I never was a really big fan of the T1 figures because of the spread legs issue. I have a bunch of T1's that need to be restrung. I just never have got around to wanting to do it yet. When I do decide to give it a whirl I will definitely use your tutorial to avoid the spread leg syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎