X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Art Asylum TWOK Trek figures

After years of avoiding the whole mess, I decided to stumble out into the Boxing Day retail field of combat this afternoon. I avoided the inevitable annoyances like future Shop, and Best Buy, but did drop by ToysRUs for a quick browse.
    I was happily surprised to see Art Asylums TWOK figures hanging on the pegs, and quickly snatched up a set. I'm not a big fan of Art Asylums figures, but the accessories work ok with Mego's, and ...well its Classic Trek!
    I've seen Diamond Select stuff at TRU (and Spencers Gifts, Wal Mart...and once, even in Safeway?) before, but it's usually a hit or miss thing.
    That brings me to my question....."How does the Diamond/regular retail thing work?"
    Does Diamond make their own products always available to the big box retailers (which I was under the impression they DID NOT), or do they just hit them up with great one time deals on left over merchandise every so often?

It was really neat to see Kirk hanging on the pegs in a regular toy store again...It would be absolutely fantastic to see the EMCE figures hanging there some day too!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

They had them!?!?!! Damn! I didn't see any in my area! What were they selling for?

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

They are $14.99 each. Thats up here in Calgary, not sure if the US retail would be the same (even though the Canadian dollar is on par)?
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎