X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

The Game of Jaws - Memories!

I have had about 4 of these games come into my store over the last 12 years. Prior to that, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid playing it with my Brother and Mom.

This one is very nice. It has the instructions and hook. I am absolutely keeping it, since every time i sold it in the past, I had sellers remorse.

I had just been kind of whining to myself a couple days ago, that I didn't have it anymore. The fact that this came in today, completely emphasizes the month I have been having since finding these forums. Thanks to everyone who has made my time here special!!

• kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
    I have had about 4 of these games come into my store over the last 12 years. Prior to that, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid playing it with my Brother and Mom.

This one is very nice. It has the instructions and hook. I am absolutely keeping it, since every time i sold it in the past, I had sellers remorse.

I had just been kind of whining to myself a couple days ago, that I didn't have it anymore. The fact that this came in today, completely emphasizes the month I have been having since finding these forums. Thanks to everyone who has made my time here special!!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...tern/Jaws2.jpg
    thats pretty cool! but whats that stack of figures behind the Jaws?

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

That brings back memories, I got one of those for Christmas when I was a kid. I didn't really play the game itself very often, but I loved playing with that cool shark.

Originally posted by kennermike
      Nothing important, looks like just a pile of carded Iron Mans.

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

I love that game. Does anyone remember the similar Alligator game? I had that too and it was fun.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

That game brings back a lot of memories. Sometimes I was actually playing it as a game, but more often the shark was chasing Megos.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by kennermike
            Those are my clamshell/repro carded figs. I am having a tough time figuring out how to display them, cause they won't stand up.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jason73
              I love that game. Does anyone remember the similar Alligator game? I had that too and it was fun.
              Crocodile Dentist?
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I bought this for my brother's 40th back in October. We used to take Jaws in the tub and let him eat our Fisher Price Adventure People.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• slats7
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jun 20, 2007

Kind of amazing that they were able to market a toy to kids based on a movie that they weren't allowed to see.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

I loved this game, some of my starwars figures however did not.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Cool. I have many fond memories of this game, too.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

:
                        Originally Posted by Jason73 View Post

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Crocodile Dentist?
                        hahah. It was based on the 1980/81 horror film Alligator where a giant monster one was terrorizing New York City. They used the same theme as the Jaws game for this

I had a few games of "Jaws" and the last one I picked up (perhaps an 80's re-issue) is still with me now. Also like the many of you, the shark used to attack every other toy collection I had here. I just hated the fact that the plastic was too fragile and could break easy
                        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

I still have mine, too. Many a Mego Aquaman adventure was had with him.
                          It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎