X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Question for the master customizers...

I'm in the looks for a Hulk head that would be rubbery, squeezy, soft vinyl, roto cast or whatever material that will allow me to place it over a Mego 8" head. Yeap you are smelling it... Banner to Hulk transformation...

I would guess that this Hulk head would come from a 9", 10" or a 12" figure at a most. Anybody knows if the Famous Covers Hulk head would do the job? These Famous Covers figures had a reputation for pin heads...

Any idea folks?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

If I have a FC Hulk head you can have it. I don't know if I do tho. Its a little bigger than the typical FC head so it may do what you want.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

You are Da' Man! PM sent!

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      If I have a FC Hulk head you can have it. I don't know if I do tho. Its a little bigger than the typical FC head so it may do what you want.

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

From what I understand the FC heads were made at 8" scale that's what makes tham Pin Heads. So an 8" scale head under might not fit..
        EXCEPT on the Hulk. That has lots of room inside. Hope T Bolts gift head works!
        Ever seen the old animated ToyBiz Hulk "Changepurse Hulk" figure? ? He spilts open int the back when you squeeze him like an old rubber changepurse and has a 4" Banner inside. Weird.
        Last edited by TrueDave; Dec 28, '11, 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ There was a "change purse" one for the first movie, too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

A two piece hulk head mold could be made, with colored silicone used to cast a head around a banner head. The inside of the mold can be painted with the colored detail and it would become part of the silicone cast. Sounds like it would work...
            I've made something similar a long time ago.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I remember seeing at Dollar Tree a Hulk toothbrush with a two part hulk head for a cap on it.

Comment

• Jeff1967
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 28, 2008

You may want to try a Pez dispenser. I just bought an Iron Man one and am thinking that I can cut it out to make it a removable mask for a custom. It looks like that once cleaned out, the Pez head may work.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Jeff1967
                  You may want to try a Pez dispenser. I just bought an Iron Man one and am thinking that I can cut it out to make it a removable mask for a custom. It looks like that once cleaned out, the Pez head may work.
                  I did that for Iron Man (I can track down the thread if you are interested), but with Iron Man, the helmet look kinda makes sense. In this case, I don't think it would give you the look you are after. I think that modifying a rotocast head from another scale would be the way to go... or what Lonnie is suggesting sounds like it might be a neat option.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎