Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arun
    • Dec 22, 2011

Clothing & Accessories.

EMCE Zombie custom kit has brought me to the world of MEGO. very new to this subculture and also very excited to start. can anyone help me figure out if Barbie Ken clothes and shoes can be used on MEGO's? any online stores that carry this stuff for MEGO. it is impossible to find anything regarding custom MEGO products. thanks in advance and its very very nice to be a part of this forum.

-A
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

classictvtoys.com has a great selection of clothes for Mego scale. Pretty cheap and quick to ship.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Ohh, and welcome to the forums and the world of customizing.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Arun, Welcome to the World Famous Mego Museum.

Just as a heads up some Barbie and Barbie like stuff actually WILL work with Mego's for customizing. Most of the Barbie line is of course of bigger scale than Mego's. That is where customizing comes in at. If you or someone you know is good at sewing you can make just about anything you desire.

If you are not as fortunate and do not know sewing like me you can find a whole host of good people here that can help you out.

Thankfully, There are a lot of talented people here. Take your time, browse around, get to know some peeps and come back often. You will be glad that you did.

Happy Holidays!
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Arun
          • Dec 22, 2011

hey thanks alot guys, i plan to! ive been reading the threads and people here tend to help each other. awesome stuff. do you know if barbie/ken shoes fit? clothes can be altered by snipping off a inch or so but shoes and other plastics are different right?

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Arun
            hey thanks alot guys, i plan to! ive been reading the threads and people here tend to help each other. awesome stuff. do you know if barbie/ken shoes fit? clothes can be altered by snipping off a inch or so but shoes and other plastics are different right?
            Yes, The Barbie/Ken shoes are mainly too big for Mego scale feet. I did convert some female Mego's feet over to fit Barbie's shoes. So now at least the females can wear some fashionable high heels.

As far as the male Mego figures go I would say that the Ken shoes are way too big unless you have a custom figure with a really big foot.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

I have some Barbie shoes from the early 1970's they aren't too bad size wise - some work quite well.

Comment

• Arun
                • Dec 22, 2011

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                Yes, The Barbie/Ken shoes are mainly too big for Mego scale feet. I did convert some female Mego's feet over to fit Barbie's shoes. So now at least the females can wear some fashionable high heels.

As far as the male Mego figures go I would say that the Ken shoes are way too big unless you have a custom figure with a really big foot.
                Nooooooo! i was hoping the shoes would fit. MEGO doesnt have a great selection for shoes and hats

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                  70's Era Pimp
                  • Sep 7, 2011

1) Welcome!!

2) The gentleman responsible for that Zombie Kit is also the guy with the solution to many of your clothing problems.

Dr. Mego's Repros

Seek and ye shall find!!

Other fantastic sites:

Lots of customizing yumminess (tips & tricks too)
                  CustoMego

Cast-A-Way has a lot of great items that help out the avid collector.

Hope that helps a little. If you have questions, we are all willing to lend an ear and maybe even some good advice.
                  Cast-a-Way On-line Store

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Arun
                    Nooooooo! i was hoping the shoes would fit. MEGO doesnt have a great selection for shoes and hats
                    Thankfully, There are a lot more shoe and other accessory options available now than you currently realize.

Check out the link the Chris provided as well as the other link in this thread and you will see what I mean.

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Ive found a lot of Barbie shoes will fit 8" female Megos.... provided they lie below (or slightly above) the ankle. Higher than that is kinda hit or miss. A lot of the clothes can be tailored down. It doesn't always fit the same after, but it cam be tooled into something useful.

Don C.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

The thing to look for for male Mego shoes in the Barbie line is the smaller Barbie/Ken kids and friends.

Comment

• Arun
                          • Dec 22, 2011

is there any photo that shoes 1/9 shoes on a MEGO figure? im still waiting on my kit. so im trying to purchase my accessories at the same time. anything will help. thanks again guys!

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Go to ebay and check out mimiwoo in Japan. She has shoes for females in that scale.

The package says 1/6 but I've found certain shoes that fit very well.

The Mary Janes and penny loafers that she has fit onto a mego female.

And look for Barbie loafers on ebay. I bought a BUNCH of them in different colors, and they fit perfectly, even when the doll has tights on.

Just be careful not to force the foot into the shoe when the doll has tights on. Sometimes, depending upon the age of the shoe, they tend to split.

Give the shoe a shot of heat from a blow dryer for a couple of seconds until its warm and pliable but not squishy; then ease it onto the foot.

Vintage Barbie sneakers fit the girls perfectly, but the newer ones will definitely need a pair of socks or tights to keep them on the feet.

Doc Mego has boots for females, check out his website too.

Tights in that scale can be purchased from bleit1701; they are EXCELLENT quality.

Jessica does all sorts of lovely goodies, for both males and females, so drop her a PM. Her prices are reasonable and her sewing is drool worthy.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Arun
                              • Dec 22, 2011

thanks i'll def check all those references! has anyone tried to shrink plastic shoes?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎