• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

The 36 Worst Action Figures From Iconic Toy Lines

The 36 Worst Action Figures From Iconic Toy Lines | Cracked.com
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mossman and Stinkor are awesome.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

I don't know about number 1. Look how much money that empty box made for Kenner back in the day.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

I think grizzlor is cool to, even though not as cool as the other two. He seems to be picking more on certain toylines than giving an overall view of toys as a whole. I disagree with the batman and starwars figures to. I like those penguins and I think many of those background starwars figures are well designed.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

The Rocky line was awesome. Those critics don't know their heads from their arses! It was a very successful line too.

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

I think the article is looking at the toys from a kids perspective and the play value these toys actually had. No matter how cool the Early Bird Box is today no kid wanted to open up a package on Christmas and find an IOU from Kenner. What kid wanted to open up a birthday present and find Chuckles instead of Snake Eyes or get the Gonk Droid when they wanted Vader? #36 really sets the tone...."It was something of a rite of passage for boys in the late '80s/early '90s to wake up on Christmas morning and see the wrapped Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle-shaped box. In anticipation you'd tear it open, wondering what would be revealed. Your favorite Turtle? Your favorite villain? Or some fat guy eating a sandwich, with toilet paper stuck on his foot?" That being said those Rocky toys are recent (they weren't released when the film came out) and were made with more of the "collector/fan" in mind rather than kids of the era playing with them (although "The Meat" is a tough sell no matter who your target audience is.) There are also way more Masters figures lamer than Griz, Stinkcor, and Moss Man (Twistoid & Rotar come to mind immediately) and the real reason the Meteorbs are lame is that they were actually part of the Gobots over in Japan and forced into the MOTU line near the end to cash in on the Transformers craze at the time and had nothing to do with Heman.
            Last edited by spacecaps; Dec 21, '11, 8:34 PM.
            "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I'll say it again, Stinkor is awesome! He is an evil Skunk monster and he his action feature was he smelled bad. That is absolutely brilliant and pure win to a kid. Plus, he is a cool looking figure in his own right. Great design.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• boynightwing
                That Carl Guy
                • Apr 24, 2002

After reading the Cobra mini-series by IDW I declare Chuckles to be an awesome GIJOE. I don't care what this guy says.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  no doubt!!
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Man! Makes me glad I grew up w/ Mego, GIJoe Adventure Team and Big Jim!
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Saroyan
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 4, 2011

I found an original Moss Man and Grizzlor in a yard - sale style box at a toy show- I knew who Grizzlor was- but thought Moss Man was some sort of Beastman variant- I just knew he was a fuzzy, green beasty dude from He-Man- and that he needed to be on my shelf!

I can't believe they left Optic off that list- he was a giant eyeball with a robot body from MOTU.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
                        I think the article is looking at the toys from a kids perspective and the play value these toys actually had. No matter how cool the Early Bird Box is today no kid wanted to open up a package on Christmas and find an IOU from Kenner. What kid wanted to open up a birthday present and find Chuckles instead of Snake Eyes or get the Gonk Droid when they wanted Vader? #36 really sets the tone...."It was something of a rite of passage for boys in the late '80s/early '90s to wake up on Christmas morning and see the wrapped Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle-shaped box. In anticipation you'd tear it open, wondering what would be revealed. Your favorite Turtle? Your favorite villain? Or some fat guy eating a sandwich, with toilet paper stuck on his foot?" That being said those Rocky toys are recent (they weren't released when the film came out) and were made with more of the "collector/fan" in mind rather than kids of the era playing with them (although "The Meat" is a tough sell no matter who your target audience is.) There are also way more Masters figures lamer than Griz, Stinkcor, and Moss Man (Twistoid & Rotar come to mind immediately) and the real reason the Meteorbs are lame is that they were actually part of the Gobots over in Japan and forced into the MOTU line near the end to cash in on the Transformers craze at the time and had nothing to do with Heman.
                        But that's the thing. They did open the empty box up. They did mail-in the little card to get those four figures. As to MOTU,no one is lamer to me than Stonedar and Rokkon.

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

Doc Drako's Meaningless And Unwarranted Commentary Of The List...

I bought the Rocky lines' Ludmilla Drago and her clothes fit female Megos rather decently. I also bought two Mike Tysons for the same reason, except to put the suits on male Megos. I wanted more Rocky figures for their clothes but the toys didn't stay around here very long. I even wanted "The Meat". Mostly for the white jacket.

I also bought the Famous Covers Aunt May. I put her on a smaller body and now she looks very "someone's grandma-ish".

Star Wars' Power Droid is very adorable. I will be buying one of the modern versions as soon as I get a chance. I love Star Wars droids. I'm a droid lover. Star Wars' Walrus Man RoCkS! Toyfare made me LOL when they mentioned that it looks like he has a baby's butt coming out of his mouth.

Thanks for reading. Move along.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Rusty Brookes
                            • Nov 17, 2011

It was the background figures that really got me hooked as a Star Wars fan as a kid. Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, Dengar, IG-88, Lobot, Power Droid, Squid Head - I treasured these guys more than Luke, Han et al. That being said I reckon they pushed the envelop with Prune Face. I still have trouble spotting him in Return of the Jedi. He was a pretty cool figure but for years I thought he wasn't actually in the movie. In terms of quality, the original EV-9D9 is pretty crappy.

As for Stinkor, Grizzlor and Moss-man - they rank as all time legends. I still use the word Grizzlor to describe grumpy people.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

This whole thing is terrible. Just some guy picking random figures from various toy series (notice that he does 4 or 5 from each line) and then calling it a list. 80% of those figures aren't even bad.

I hate these sites that do cheap lists all the time and never even put in a real effort.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎