X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Need help identifying vintage cereal premiums

Any vintage cereal premium experts here? These are my Mom's from when she was little. Probably Late 40s to early 50s range. I'm thinking Cheerios or Rice Krispies. I have a bunch of them in several colors. I put a quarter in the pics to show scale.

The first set are trains. A streetcar (which I now see I had going the wrong direction), steam train and a more modern train. The side cars connect to the trains

The second set is planes. The big grey one is marked DC-6, green navion, yellow XF-89 and the red is an F9F. I found a box that shows a Cheerios airport.

Cheerios: Cheerios Airport

But the planes are not the same.

Last is a car and a semi truck. The car looks like the family car from Christmas story.

Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 9, '11, 2:31 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

I dont know what there from but they are cool and very vintage.
    I'll google around for the heck of it and see if I can come up with anything....
    Congrats on having them after all these years. (To you and your mom)

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

VINTAGE Douglas DC-6 Small Plastic Toy Airplane 50s Airline Cereal Premium? on eBay!
      im guessing its a Douglas cereal premium? So i'll look around from there...

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

Another company is Lido. Im stumped so far, maybe someone here will know alot about them. Theres a good chance these are from Kelloggs cereals.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
          Congrats on having them after all these years. (To you and your mom)
          Thanks! We have a bunch of her farm toys too. Auburn Rubber farm animals and what looks to be Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone. I'll have to post some pics. They're really neat and are actually made out of rubber. Not plastic like Marx or MPC.

Originally posted by Figuremod73
          VINTAGE Douglas DC-6 Small Plastic Toy Airplane 50s Airline Cereal Premium? on eBay!
          im guessing its a Douglas cereal premium? So i'll look around from there...
          That's plane I have in that auction. I have several in blue and grey. Seller doens't know exactly what it is from either. Lots of detail on them for the size. Even tiny molded propellers.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I vaguely recall having those planes in my parents apartment above the garment factory in Toluca, IL in the early 70's. For some reason I associate them with Dudly Do Right. Did he have a cereal?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think the smaller planes MIGHT be from a really old package deal, like you'd buy army men.... in a hanger bag. I remember getting ones like them at Woolco as a kid.

Don C.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

I think if you go to Cereal box and premium collecting message forum cereal box archive and post they can tell you. Google to make sure I have address right. It is a Cereal fans site. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎