X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangecrayon
    • Dec 6, 2011

Making Custom 70s style Mego

Hi guys! New here!

I'm making a custom 8" figure of my boyfriend for Christmas. He collects 8" Mego Figures...Star Trek & Starsky and Hutch. I bought the body from Dr. Mego, ordered a custom head from thatsmyface dot com, and Theressa is making custom 70s clothes. I've never done this before, though! I'm nervous about putting the head on there. If anyone has any tips, I'd be grateful!

Also, if any of you have any groovy 70s accessories that could help me make the look more authentic, I'm interested!

Thanks so much!
    Orangecrayon
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Honestly, the head ya just gotta push in. When ya see it, you will realize how easy it is.

Welcome to the forums! Make sure you post a pic of the custom when you are done.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Now that's a perfect Christmas present!!! The quick and easy way to accessorize, I find is to hit the thrift stores for toy bits or check out Craft stores like Pat Catan or Micheals. They have little knick knacks for doll makers. Also an easy 70 accessory would be to get tiny stones from a gardening supply. Glue a tiny stone to your figure and tell your man it's his "Pet Rock"
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Cool idea. Maybe get someone to make a custom card back.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎