Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Star Wars 12" packaging variation?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Vintage Star Wars 12" packaging variation?

Hello! I have a 12" Chewbacca MIB (Never opened), however all of the ones I have seen don't have a flap, but look more like the Star Trek Mego 12" packaging. The Chewbacca I have has an actual flap for the front?

Is that a variation of any significance?
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

In retrospect, after looking at it closely, I am assuming that someone carefully folded the flap over and it looks so much like an actual flap I couldn't tell. The guy I got it from said he found it in his Grandmother's closet (Christmas gift never given). Anyway....this was probably a dumb question. Sorry.

Comment

• Sowth
      Career Member
      • Mar 14, 2006

Not a dumb question, although they weren't factory folded some stores folded them for sale and I presume they were also folded for catalog orders. A NRFB Chewy is a great find, folded flap or not
      Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Sowth
        Not a dumb question, although they weren't factory folded some stores folded them for sale and I presume they were also folded for catalog orders. A NRFB Chewy is a great find, folded flap or not

Thanks. It was folded very well. LOL. Craigslist find last year.

I am considering trying to trade it for MEGO's I need, since now I am simply addicted to MEGO and getting out of my Star Wars stuff.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎