X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Life on Mars

Love this show and although its finished can't wait for the follow up "Ashes to Ashes"....
    Does anyone know if they are still making a U.S. version?
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

The US one is listed as still in production. Love the UK series, Joe turned me on to it.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

Life on Mars was a great show and it was nice that it finished and didnt keep going on forever like...Lost, 24, Prison Break, Heroes etc.
      But now Ashes to Ashes...mm I'm not so sure. I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's great but it sounds like the same thing.
      I hope they don't do a 4th/ 5th season, although if it's another Bowie song title but from the 90's they could aways call it TIN MACHINE
      "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Life on Mars ended as beautifully as it began. Loved the fact that they left the ending open to interpretation.

It makes me want to check out The Sweeney which I've noticed is out on DVD.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

Did anyone else catch the "Wizard of Oz " referances placed throughout the show?
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
            Did anyone else catch the "Wizard of Oz " referances placed throughout the show?
            Loved the fact that Gene Hunt kept calling Sam "Dorothy".

Great use of the song Goodbye Yellow Brick Road!
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• English Paul
              Archive cased.
              • Aug 17, 2005

Trailer for Ashes To Ashes is now on You Tube...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vPG39o124R4

Another here, just ignore the last minute... YouTube - Ashes to Ashes promo trailer Life on Mars 2

BBC - Drama - Ashes to Ashes
              Last edited by English Paul; Jan 23, '08, 9:38 AM.
              "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Surfsup
                Silver Chrome Dome
                • Dec 2, 2005

I'm looking forward to this sequel, I hope they manage to keep up the high standards set by the original. The only think that urked me was hearing how the lead female character ends up in the 80s.

It's pretty much the same idea as how Sam got there, not very original.

Comment

• English Paul
                  Archive cased.
                  • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by Surfsup
                  The only thing that urked me was hearing how the lead female character ends up in the 80s.

It's pretty much the same idea as how Sam got there, not very original.
                  Yeah, it's a valid point but I suppose without somebody doing the `back in time` thing it would be just another Police drama.

When I first heard about a sequel I was aprehensive but it should be fun to watch as I don't really think it's been taken too seriously.
                  "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• chalwa
                    Mego Philomath
                    • Jun 8, 2007

Like it a lot...

I've just started watching this. Picked up an episode Friday (my son's 5th birthday!!) on BBC America after I fell out during the party.
                    I've been catching up slowly but don't even know about the hangers and such.
                    I saw the trailer for the sequel and no Sam. Eh.
                    We'll see, wot?
                    Original twist on an old idea. Likee.

bestest
                    Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                    The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                    Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                    I shall be very proud and great.
                    And tell the other girls and boys,
                    not to meddle with my toys.
                    -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Hotfoot
                      Dazed and Confused
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Humanoid figure found on Mars. All over the news today!
                      FOXNews.com - NASA Photo Shows Humanoid Figure on Mars - Science News | Science Technology | Technology News

Its Bigfoots Cousin!
                      Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

New series starts next week .....have mixed feelings about it...yeah it'd be nice to see Gene and the boys again but I hope its not going to tread the same ground....hoping they'll be more imaginative then that.
                        I'll keep you all posted...if you're interested.

Comment

• English Paul
                          Archive cased.
                          • Aug 17, 2005

The first episode of Ashes To Ashes aired last night. I thought it a little slow, but it still kept me interested.
                          It's a bit strange that the new DI has researched Sam Tylers files and clearly believes what happened. As a result she was constantly looking towards the radio and TV for her messages and way out.
                          And did I hear Gene Hunt call her Alice? Possibly as a reference to Alice In Wonderland.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                            • Nov 21, 2007

In the last episode Sam gives all the files about his experience to be evaluated (by Alex, who read them prior to the first episode)...thought it was a good idea that the experiences in Gene Hunts (stop waggling your fingers when you say my name) happen in the split second between life and death...and isn't happening in real time or because of a coma...nice to see Sam's story ended too...albiet briefly. The writing is as good as ever and I'm sure this will be as good as Life on Mars.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎