• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

1/6th scale Head Attatchment Question

Question Here ...
    Most 12inch Bodies have that Ball joint on the Neck ...
    How do you drill out a Resin head to make it adapt correctly ?
    Is there a Special Drill , to drill out that Ball in the head ?
    Thanks in Advance for any help ...
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

You are probably going to have to cut the neck down and either make a ball joint or maybe adapt another ball joint from a "donor' 12 inch figure or try to form the existing neck plug into the ball joint using a dremel/sanding,etc.They dont make a handtool or drill bit tool that you stick in a drill and it carves out a perfect half sphere in one step like you want.There are ways you could do it but it would not be worth the cost for one head.
    Last edited by piecemaker; Nov 25, '11, 8:05 AM.

Comment

• ussapache
      • Feb 26, 2010

Hey mate

I use alot of 1/6 bodies that already have the moulded neck and for the heads you have to options.

1- If the head is plastic you can just cut of the excess and attach the head.

2- If the head is resin they will usually come in two ways one is the neck section is completely hollow up to the jaw. If this is the case simply cut away the area you want and just use a dremel either (ball head drill bit or triangle head drill bit) to start smoothing out the edges.

If the neck section is is solid except for the lower part of the neck cut the neck as close to the jaw as possible and the get a normal drill bit and drill down into the resin and then with either the above mentioned drill bits start drilling in an outward motion until you get the head to fit the neck.

If you have any question just drop me a line at hemble@optusnet.com.au and I'll help you out.

Ron

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎