X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

AcroRay's Blog: The tragic tale of Bill Mantlo

I just posted an update to my Micronauts blog, regarding the recent article on Micronauts comic creator Bill Mantlo which appeared - surprisingly enough - at a health insurance industry website.

AcroRay's Laboratory: Micronauts and more: The Tragic Tale of a Micronauts Creator

The article is a sad read indeed. But, out of respect to Mantlo and the hours of enjoyment he brought us, it is well worth reading.

- AcroRay
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests
  • gman
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 4, 2002

I just read this tonight.... I think this quote from the article summed it up pretty well....

Claremont says, his voice heavy with emotion. “What a f______g waste.”

So much potential lost in such a tragic accident...Just so sad....
    Last edited by gman; Jan 10, '12, 10:47 PM.
    Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Type Two
      Career Member
      • Sep 20, 2010

Thank you for posting this. Mantlo was one of my favorite creators of the late 70's/early 80's. Micronauts, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Team America (hey, I was a kid! ), Rom...the list goes on and on. I knew about his accident and have been following updates on his condition, which, unfortunately, have not been positive.

I was also heartened by the negative responses toward hateful comments former Marvel Editor in Chief Jim Shooter made about Mantlo at his blog. I guess there really are decent people left on the internet.
      Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

what a tragedy. i did not read Micronauts as a kid so was not familiar with his story. hopefully, at least his children will start visiting him and they can form some type of relationship before it is too late

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎