X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Dexter

I'm not sure where else would be a good place to discuss this, but Dexter is currently my favourite TV show this season (although Reaper is pretty awesome as well).

I just started reading the second book. The original novels definitely have a darker edge to them than the tv show.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm curious to see them but far too cheap to pay.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

I enjoyed the 2nd Season of Dexter, watched the finale last night. It's a weird show. I like him a lot, but hate the entire supporting cast. It's hard to put my finger on...everyone is so hokey and kind of hard to believe. The idiot sister, the pitiful girlfriend, the dumb coworkers. It's got a tone to it that reminds me of a mediocre TV drama on CBS, but Dex is cool and I keep coming back.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

I found this very difficult to get into...my missus liked it though.
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MegoScott
          I enjoyed the 2nd Season of Dexter, watched the finale last night. It's a weird show. I like him a lot, but hate the entire supporting cast. It's hard to put my finger on...everyone is so hokey and kind of hard to believe. The idiot sister, the pitiful girlfriend, the dumb coworkers. It's got a tone to it that reminds me of a mediocre TV drama on CBS, but Dex is cool and I keep coming back.
          I think that is partly the point of the supporting cast. You start to kind of see them from Dexter's POV, particularly since he's often narrating. It's more evident in the novels which is told entirely from his 1st person perspective.

It's a shame about Doakes. I thought he was an excellent foil for Dexter. His storyline and fate in the second novel is even grislier than the show!

I've particularly impressed by the actor playing Dexter. He seems so completely different than the character he inhabited in Six Feet Under.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎