X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Wisconsin Meet?

Hello. Are there any mini meets planned in Wisconsin?

I am in the Appleton/Green Bay area. I am willing to host a meet, as I have a small collectibles/gaming store in Kaukauna, WI.

I do buy/sell in my store and online, but the Mego side of the business is my passion. I would love to get a local network of people to trade with.

Chris
    Last edited by Toyman_Chris; Nov 12, '11, 6:17 PM.
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Just wanna bump this. If we can do something in the midwest, I think it would be great!!

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

I live between here and ocenview, california but during the weeks I'm in Wisconsin. I'm in for any type of Wisconsin meetin.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

How often are ya in WI?

Comment

• david_b
          Never had enough toys..
          • May 9, 2008

I'm down in Milwaukee..
          Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

I would love to host something. My store is quaint, but if it's just for 5-20 people it's perfect! We can get together & do some trading. I would love to discuss customizing, etc. If people are up for it, the food is on me!

Comment

• thebionicbigfoot
              • Apr 5, 2009

Interested in a Wisconsin MEGO meet

Guys,

I would be happy to help/contribute/host a MEGO meet in Wisconsin. I am located in South Milwaukee, minutes from the airport and downtown. I have a 15,000 square foot facilty that I would provide. We have plently of seating.

I also have tables available that we could have a mini show.

Additionally, I can bring some items from my collection to exhibit. Regarding my inventory, I have 2,000 loose MEGO's in stock, with plenty of dublicates, parts, etc.

Would love to help if anybody is interested.

Or, if we decide to have the meet at another location, I will help in anyway possible.

Regards,

Troy R. Kinunen/MEARS Auctions

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

I wouldn't anticipate more than 20 or so people attending a mini meet/get together. I would love for the event to be less about selling and more about trading. I am looking for the opportunity to hang out, talk toys, do some trading, etc.

That is just my opinion. I don't care where it's hosted as long as it stays true to the intentions.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                  70's Era Pimp
                  • Sep 7, 2011

I am thinking we should pick a date for sometime in January. Like I said, I am thinking very casual. Just collectors getting together and enjoying the hobby. Definitely bring stuff to trade or whatever, but my thoughts really are, it would be nice to get a local network of Mego Museum Members working together to build our collections.

I have learned from doing this stuff in the past that it's best to just schedule a date and give people enough time to plan on attending. I don't care if 2 people or 200 people show up. I wanna do something.

So, let's get a general idea. Please post a reply answering the following:

1) Green Bay or Milwaukee? (which area will get the most people.)
                  2) January 14th or January 21st? (Whichever date brings the most people.)

Beyond those two basic questions, the rest will fall into place. If we do it in the Green Bay area, I am willing to host it. If we do it in Milwaukee, it appears that Troy (thebionicbigfoot) is willing to host it. So we should be covered either way.

Comment

• argent007
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 7, 2005

This sounds great! I'm from Wisconsin, but in Belize until this summer. I'd love to meet up with other Mego collectors.

I hope this comes together and I hope it becomes an annual (or more frequent) event.

Cheers!
                    My Updated Want List:
                    Comic book original art
                    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                    Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• thebionicbigfoot
                      • Apr 5, 2009

Milwaukee MEET

Lets try to keep this moving. I will volunteer for Saturday, January 28th, 2012 in Milwaukee. If enough people can commit, we can have it at my place.

I can provide free tables for collectors to display there items. I also have several upright display cases that we could use for show and tell.

Willing to provide snacks, seating, anything for a small meet. If it has any type of success, we can make an annual event.

troy

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

I'm right now going to be in Janesville, Wisconsin until July. The band is recording a new CD at Gracie studios. Plus I'm looking into buying a permanent home here for me and my daughters.
                        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                          I'm right now going to be in Janesville, Wisconsin until July. The band is recording a new CD at Gracie studios. Plus I'm looking into buying a permanent home here for me and my daughters.
                          That's great! I am sure we will hook up at some point one way or another. For a "Mini Mego Meet" get together what works best for you?

1) Green Bay or Milwaukee? (which area will get the most people.)
                          2) January 14th or January 21st? (Whichever date brings the most people.)

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                            70's Era Pimp
                            • Sep 7, 2011

I have received some PM's and emails which lend me to believe that a Green Bay area one is the most viable. However that is only from 2 different people.

If there are more people who would like to attend, please let me know. I would like to include as many people as possible, but will host it even if it's just me. LOL

Comment

• thebionicbigfoot
                              • Apr 5, 2009

Green Bay MEGO meet

I am willing to attend the Green Bay meet. I have an SUV and will volunteer to drive and carpool for those that could meet in Milwaukee.

Troy

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎