X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

micronaut like ..cyborg muton

hi all just wondered who can give any help on this... value ... etc ..
    looks rather like an 8 inch micronaut ... also has red outfit to change into

please click thumbs to enlarge

• biotrontim
    • Mar 24, 2011

That is a henshin cyborg Muton with a red baron costume worth about $10, I'll give you $12.... OK I've seen them both together go for $200+ its a real nice find.
    Last edited by biotrontim; Nov 2, '11, 4:49 PM.

Comment

• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

biotrontim..thanks for some help on this...so its a red baron costume... i got this and knew it was 70s but really a mego man so didnt know much about it...
      thanks for the help and any extra help that can be given...

if anyone is into these any serious offers taken then now helps been given on some sort of value
      thanks

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Not Red Baron. He just looks 100% like him.

That is a Denys Fisher Muton with an X-Akron costume on it.
        Mutant Sub Forms I 1977 I Muton I Henshin I Plaidstallions.com

Comment

• scoth70
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 17, 2008

oh right the red baron was a joke
          silly me

Originally posted by rche
          Not Red Baron. He just looks 100% like him.

That is a Denys Fisher Muton with an X-Akron costume on it.
          Mutant Sub Forms I 1977 I Muton I Henshin I Plaidstallions.com

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

No, not a joke.

It is a Red Baron suit. But the Denys Fisher folks renamed it X-Akron to use with the Cyborg/Android/Muton figures.

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

As you may recall, Denysfisher released the Dr Who figures.
              Just like Mego took a sampling of Takara Micromen and retooled them into the Micronauts, Denys Fisher took a sampling of the Takara 12" figures and suits and turned them into The 8" DF Cyborg toyline.

The Bodies released were NOT the same as the 8" Shonen Cyborg or "Cyborg Boy"
              issued in Japan, but resized versions of the 12" Henshin Cyborg (Gold version), King Waldar(purple version) and Android (Chojin version) .

The 8" costumes were called Muton's Subforms.
              While there were 3 Outfits with Rubber skins and 3 with Cloth jumpsuits, Denysfisher did not remake any of those suits. They were all unlicensed Japanese hero robot characters. Denys fisher went to the big list of 12" suits for inspiration.
              From the vast array of 12" outfits, DenysFisher retooled to 8" size One unlicensed 'good guy' monster suit with Jumpsuit named "Fish Man" (which would be renamed Amaluk) One licensed Hero suit "Red Baron" (which was retooled to have a jumpsuit, gloves & boots, vs being just a rubber suit) and renamed X-akron
              and lastly one evil Waldar costume called the Dokuro King (Or Skull king)
              which was renamed Torg.

Muton and Torg suit were remade by Takara in 1998 as King Waldar JR, but used the Shonen Cyborg molds, so he had a slightly more childlike appearance. It is not THAT different, but worth pointing out.

THe box art was also very similar to the Sci-Fi comic toy art being used in England at the time.

Last edited by GUYx1; Nov 3, '11, 12:14 PM.
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• scoth70
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 17, 2008

guyx1 thankyou also for some more help about this figure...great looking figures... and a very interesting read..
                thankyou

Comment

• GUYx1
                  FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                  • Apr 20, 2005

If you are into British toys from the 1970's, you may want to check out our Visibleinnards website. Most of the people on the forum currently reside in the UK and post the various toys that they grew up with. Be they Palitoy, Matchbox, etc. Loads of fun stories about shopping at Woolworths in it's heyday or Dominoes (in the Midlands). If you like talking about those sorts of things...
                  Cheers,
                  Guyx1

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, these are cool, I need to find a good source for this stuff.

I collected Cyborg 99 "reissues", but lost touch with the dealer years ago.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scoth70
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 17, 2008

that i will do ...
                      thankyou

Originally posted by GUYx1
                      If you are into British toys from the 1970's, you may want to check out our Visibleinnards website. Most of the people on the forum currently reside in the UK and post the various toys that they grew up with. Be they Palitoy, Matchbox, etc. Loads of fun stories about shopping at Woolworths in it's heyday or Dominoes (in the Midlands). If you like talking about those sorts of things...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎