X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ApeAddict
    Long time stalker
    • Nov 6, 2010

Can ZICA be dyed?

Hi, I was wondering if ZICA bodies can be dyed? Specifically I want to make a Power Man custom out of mine, so I would like it to be brown. And if yes then the best way to do it? Thanks in advance.
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ApeAddict
    Hi, I was wondering if ZICA bodies can be dyed? Specifically I want to make a Power Man custom out of mine, so I would like it to be brown. And if yes then the best way to do it? Thanks in advance.
    I wish I could help you with this question but I can't. Hopefully one of the customizers on the boards will have an answer for you and post it. Just guessing I would say probably not, mainly because the torso and pelvis pieces are hard plastic and I don't think they would accept the dye.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I have dyed the hands using RIT dye and it works well. I would say the arms and legs could be dyed as i bought a few from craig that had bleed from the Tigerman outfit. as he said, the pelvis and torso is a different plastic so would not accept the dye as readily....but then that is the case with all the repro bodies. you could probably paint the chest/pelvis area to match though

Comment

• ApeAddict
        Long time stalker
        • Nov 6, 2010

With that advice I think I will just paint his chest and hands (the visible parts) when I paint his face. Thanks.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

the hands dye very well with RIT in hot water, depending on the color you need of course

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

What's really, really awesome about the Zica hands is they take paint very well, better than any other repro body out there. It spreads very smooth and even. Craig, you could do well selling hand sets, I'd buy in bulk dude.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
              What's really, really awesome about the Zica hands is they take paint very well, better than any other repro body out there. It spreads very smooth and even. Craig, you could do well selling hand sets, I'd buy in bulk dude.
              Actually I do have extra hand sets so if anybody is interested I've got a few to sell. The factory sent me a bag full of extras after I found that some of the bodies from the first production run had mismatched hand sets.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I have bought multiple sets from Craig, he is always prompt with shipping and a great guy to deal with

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎