Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whatever happen to the NEW Bionic Woman ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

So whatever happen to the NEW Bionic Woman ?

I watched the first episode......
    Thought it totally sucked-- and completely forgot about it.

So was the series cancelled ?
    I never hear anything about it anymore.

m
  • jacsfc
    Career Member
    • Aug 2, 2004

actually, it is a pretty good show. like every other shoe on tv, it is on hiatus due to the writers strike.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Supposedly it was going to return in January with a hyped-up revamp of the series but the writers' strike has delayed that I believe
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Latest rumor is that the show has been cancelled. It was getting better, but not good enough to prevent its downfall. The ticking timebomb aspect of the Nanotechnology was a decent twist on the concept, but was a bit too out there for me, and the show really didn't have a whole lot in common with the original. Its a shame, because I think the show could have done a better job of channeling the appeal of the original without too much tweaking to their basic backstory, but the writing seemed a bit too forced with the scenarios they tried to throw at Jamie. I still think the pilot seemed like a chopped up two hour pilot which left too much details out of the mix.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I heard that after the first episode,the ratings just nose dived.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

From Wikipedia:
            According to the British tabloid newspaper the Daily Star, NBC has announced that the show will be cancelled after poor viewing figures and complaints about bad storylines.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoNinja
              Career Member
              • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              From Wikipedia:
              thank God!
              Does any one else loose sleep, appetite and concentration when they hear that some high budget executives are remaking one of the greatest shows/movies?
              I get so upset if your around me you wont hear me shut up for days on end. I was really worried that if Bionic Woman was remade that they might be stupid enough to remake Six Million Dollar Man. I hate remakes, not only are they incredibly inferior but they fool a generation of people into thinking that they are watching 'the original series' and essentially delete the superior original version.
              I hope to god that not only is this petty remake canceled but that no one ever remembers it. "the only fate worse than death is being forgotten".
              I the Monster Hero

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

wow that sucks ,they really didn't even give it a chance if you ask me
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                  . . . I hate remakes, not only are they incredibly inferior but they fool a generation of people into thinking that they are watching 'the original series' and essentially delete the superior original version. . .
                  That was pretty much my opinion on the whole "remake" issue too, especially after watching the first episode of the new Battlestar Galactica series. However, after giving it a little more time I actually grew to like the new series for what it is and no longer saw it as a smack in the face to the original series. The flashback scenes in Razor that had the original Cylon and ship designs were great!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I pretty much feel the same way about remakes as MegoNinja. I really hated the first ep, and never wanted to watch any subsequent eps. However I do feel bad that it's (supposedly) cancelled, only b/c Miguel Ferrer was in it, and I was really hoping he'd find another hit like "Crossing Jordan" to star in.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                      Career Member
                      • May 14, 2007

According to The Hollywood News:

"Reports say NBC has cancelled Bionic Woman

"We've just been informed by our sources that NBC have indeed as expected cancelled Bionic Woman. Nothing official has been posted by NBC but expect to hear an official confirmation shortly."
                      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• RG
                        Removed.
                        • Oct 1, 2004

Ding Dong the Bionic Witch is Dead!!!

I kind of liked the first episode ("kind of") but 2nd and 3rd sucked and by the 4th I forgot all about it I'm glad it's gone now if only I could forget I ever saw it and I could get back the 3 hours of my life I wasted watching it.

But at least Mad TV had a semi-funny spoof of it with their Les-Bionic Woman

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>Does any one else loose sleep, appetite and concentration when they hear that some high budget executives are remaking one of the greatest shows/movies?

Yes. Yes I do. And not even when it's a great idea. The cruddy ones worry me just as much.

>I hate remakes, not only are they incredibly inferior but they fool a generation of people into thinking that they are watching 'the original series' and essentially delete the superior original version.

Wow. Okay; I'm not THAT bad. I dislike remakes since they tend to be the name of something slapped over whatever's currently cool. (No matter how many "we're all big fans of the original" interviews the new crew gives....) And the reason I hate THAT is 'cos it results in something that's just like everything else. They invariably end up LOSING whatever it was that made the original interesting in the first place.

Bionic Woman is a great example. Cyborgs are kinda passe, "Nanotech" was an idea enamoured by the practicioners of the nerdly arts in the late 90's. So to make it more "hip" they go with the nanotech. Add some kung-fu powers, tack on a relationship and whaddya got?

....every Japanese cartoon from the mid to late 90's. Been there. Done that. Converted the VHS to DVD....

>I hope to god that not only is this petty remake

...until someone who liked it becomes a tv exec; and decides to remake THIS version twenty years from now.

Don C.

Comment

• Steeler80
                            Mayor of Strunk
                            • Jun 29, 2001

I actually liked the show (although no one else I know does ). I think that it was getting better as the show went on, although apparently not fast enough.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by RussG
                              Ding Dong the Bionic Witch is Dead!!!

I kind of liked the first episode ("kind of") but 2nd and 3rd sucked and by the 4th I forgot all about it I'm glad it's gone now if only I could forget I ever saw it and I could get back the 3 hours of my life I wasted watching it.

But at least Mad TV had a semi-funny spoof of it with their Les-Bionic Woman
                              LOL...I thought the Pilot episode was pretty weak and I saw two episodes beyond it and felt they were not much better. I feel they should have just given the character a different name and let the series be a creature unto itself and not try to remake the original. I also feel the constant re-working of this series did not help it (recastings, reshoots, etc...) and I don't believe re-working it more in the new year will do any good....But you never know.

What's the point of remaking something, if they're going to change everything (but the name of said character) that makes the character who they are? I.E. The main character is Jaime Sommers, yet she bears no resemblance physically, emotionally or even in characterization to the original.

I have nothing against a good remake/reimagining, but they are very, very few and far between...But if you're going to gut the original to create a remake...Why bother?...Just do something new with the concept (with new names, characters, settings, etc...)..."The New Bionic Woman"?

Those that don't want to see remakes done...Tough cookies, it's going to happen sooner or later and that's a fact...TV series are fiction and just like written fiction, they will be retold, reinterpreted, reimagined and re-worked again and again (whether they are done well or badly is entirely up to those doing it).

Dana
                              Last edited by danadoll; Dec 18, '07, 5:20 AM.
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎