X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

TV Special That Revealed The Secrets of Toy Commercials

Does anyone have or remember a TV special that aired sometime in the early 90's that exposed the secrets of TV Toy commercials. I remember watching it years ago and it was fascinating. They would do things like play the Food Fighters commercial and at the very end replay the "Toys do not walk and talk" line that was said really fast and slow it down and then showed the figures just kind of sitting on the counter not doing any of the things they did in the commercials. Same with GI Joe commercials where they had the cartoon segments interspersed with toys and then they cut to the host holding a Joe figure saying something like "Here's one brave and lonely Joe..." They would go into food commercials and reveal secrets like Ice Cream would melt under studio lights so they use shortening, grapes are dipped in oil to give them a shine, Elmer's Glue is used as the milk in cereal box photos and so on. I'd love to get a copy of this but if anyone even remembers it (or what the actual show was called!) let me know....
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎