X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Dr Who: Voyage of the Damned FULL trailor

YouTube - Doctor Who, Voyage of the Damned - Advent Calendar (Day 14)

I'm let down this is not about the REAL Titanic.

They should have called this story "TITANIC IN SPACE !!!!!!!!" (in a Mel Brooks voice)

We all know the Doc has been linked to the real Titanic forever now and I was hoping we'd finally get some answers.

I can honestly say....
    This trailor just UN-hepped me up for the following season.

m
    Last edited by Mikey; Dec 16, '07, 8:26 AM.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

it looks pretty good man .I don't really watch this so I don't really know,but that trailer made me feel like watching it
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Eccleston's Doctor was tied to the Titanic, not Tennant. I was bothered by that when I first heard this story and am actually pleased this is not the case. Plus I find the time travel/titanic thing hacky, I mean Irwin Allen did it a couple of times!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Yes, but I heard of a few incidents where classic Doctors were linked with the Titanic's disaster as well.
        Specifically Tom Baker.
        I think the reference might have been in The Invasion of Time (not sure).

Irwin Allen ?
        The Titanic made him the Master of Disaster--- not even counting Time Tunnels pilot.
        The guy was clearly in love with the Titanic

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

From Wiki --- even though I don't totally trust their content.........

As a time traveller, the Doctor has been present at or directly involved in countless major historical events on the planet Earth and elsewhere — sometimes more than once. In the 2005 series premiere, "Rose", it is revealed that the Ninth Doctor was instrumental in preventing a family from boarding the Titanic prior to her fateful voyage. In "The End of the World", the Doctor claimed to have been on board and survived the Titanic's sinking to find himself 'clinging to an iceberg.' The Fourth Doctor also mentioned this event in Robot and The Invasion of Time, where he claims the sinking was not his fault. The Episode "Last of the Time Lords" finishes with the prow of the Titanic bursting into the interior of the TARDIS, the episode "Voyage of the Damned is then set on the ship.

m

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Apparently U.N.I.T are going to appear in the new season...although they've appeared in the background (Christmas invasion and aboard the cloudbase in last seasons finale), they will be properly introduced in a story in season 4.
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Surfsup
              Silver Chrome Dome
              • Dec 2, 2005

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this now after some uncertainty. It doesn't look too bad from the trailer and what I've read about it.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Thanks Mike.....That looks great!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                  Apparently U.N.I.T are going to appear in the new season...although they've appeared in the background (Christmas invasion and aboard the cloudbase in last seasons finale), they will be properly introduced in a story in season 4.
                  Yay!

Some U.N.I.T. folks appeared in the "Aliens of London" , 1st season episode too (U.N.I.T. has also been referred to several times in the Sarah Jane Adventures series).

Dana
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by danadoll
                    Yay!

Some U.N.I.T. folks appeared in the "Aliens of London" , 1st season episode too (U.N.I.T. has also been referred to several times in the Sarah Jane Adventures series).

Dana
                    So who else is ready to see the return of Lethbridge-Stewart (sp?) as some kind of special alien consultant? (is the actor still alive?)
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      Pat Troughton in disguise
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Nicholas Courtney is still very much alive and has recently published his memiors and starred in the big finish audio "Old Soldiers".
                      In fact I used to see him quite often as he used to drink in a pub just down the road from me until it was refurbished and we used to chat (I used to work at few conventions in the Uk and shared ashtrays with him when he was doing signings).
                      There has so far been no indication that he has been approached by Russel Davies...but I wouldn't put it past him for a re-appearance.
                      .......lets hope so...
                      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎