X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

The Olbigatory Yard Sale Find Thread

Starting to become a regular feature around here thought I'd start this weeks find thread!

Some of my scores:

Paid $20 bucks for the Princess Wildflower. Complete with instructions and box. Gonna put this one in my collection!

$7 for this AT AT Walker!

Paid $3 for this late 40s Dinosaur figure. He's made of heavy copper or lead. Apparently these were sold out of the Natural History Museum. These typically go for $30-$60!

Some early 70s' Peanuts coin banks. Paid $5 for all three. Probably worth $40 to $70.

Mike Douglas pinback. Couldn't pass this up for $1!

Anybody else turning anything up? Tim? Den82? Yard Sale season is winding down. Maybe one more month left!
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I would have purchased all of these in a heartbeat. I want to find a decent AT-AT for my son one of these days, but it's gotta be local due to shipping. My latest 'find' is a Big Jim plane for $15 that I passed on. I'll throw up some pics of my summer finds soon.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

My school is having a rummage sale this weekend, and the teachers get first pick. I found an American Girl Bitty Twin girl w/ blonde hair. I offered to pay but the parents insisted I take it for free. Not bad. Here's what she looks like.

Bitty Twins - Twin Baby Dolls, Boy Dolls & Baby Boy Dolls
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

That brings back memories Sharry. My daughter is 17 now, and it seems like yesterday that we made the trek to Chicago to the American Girl store. She got her doll's hair styled and bought some exclusive outfits. AG is like an institution now. Fast forward to today, and she's wanting to sell her AG collection to get money for a car. I still regret selling all my Megos, diecast, and baseball cards in yard sales, so I am buying her AG collection in the hopes that there will be a grand daughter someday to pass them on to. On one hand it's cool that the family is donating to a good cause; I just hope there are no regrets down the road.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Great stuff Matt!!!! Not real sure about the Marx BOTW stuff but some of it was Canadian exclusives and that may be one of them given the colors of the outfit. Maybe someone here that knows more about them can post.
          Didn't have a chance to hit any today with work and all but gonna see what I can find in the morning.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

great stuff
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              That brings back memories Sharry. My daughter is 17 now, and it seems like yesterday that we made the trek to Chicago to the American Girl store. She got her doll's hair styled and bought some exclusive outfits. AG is like an institution now. Fast forward to today, and she's wanting to sell her AG collection to get money for a car. I still regret selling all my Megos, diecast, and baseball cards in yard sales, so I am buying her AG collection in the hopes that there will be a grand daughter someday to pass them on to. On one hand it's cool that the family is donating to a good cause; I just hope there are no regrets down the road.
              If I were you I'd tell her you sold it....let a few years go by, and when she regrets it which she will...you can surprise her
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Jason73
                Correctamundo!
                • Jan 11, 2009

Wow, great deal on the AT-AT.
                Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Darn I was gonna ask if I could buy one. But you're a good dad for keeping her collection for her. And I wouldn't worry about the regrets, a pre-schooler didn't want the doll.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

Love the dinosaur!
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I need that Mike Douglas pin!
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that's some nice stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that our yard sales are of a far inferior breed around here. Or maybe they are just inbred. Nothing but clothes, infant and toddler items and endless Happy Meal toys. Nothing before 1995 for sure.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                          • Jan 22, 2008

Wow Matt, you always find such cool stuff. It must be the weather down there. Yard sale season is long gone here (It's hailing like crazy today, not awesome saturday yardsale weather).
                          However I'm sorta a hit the thrifts and fleas 2 a week kinda guy. While my car was in getting fixed other day I popped into Value Village and picked up a Star Trek Enterprise xn-01 model kit from polar lights. Paid $8 and sold on the bay for $150.
                          Recent finds and sales include:
                          a 1978 Muppets Beau (the janitor) mug that I paid $1 and sold for around $70.
                          A Mattel Battelstar Galactica Viper Launch I paid $20 but sold for $70.
                          a knockoff pumpkin head for $2 that i'd like to keep.
                          A Dune coloring book that I've seen sell for $40 cost me .25
                          I'm always picking up spirographs, propably one a week for a couple bucks, I use one or two to fill missing pieces in the others and sell them on ebay for anywhere from 25-50.
                          I've been picking up any 60's boxed dolls I can find. I can't usually flip them for that much, but I dunno why I just cant pass them up.
                          and I guess this doesnt count because it was given to my wife but I just sold a Thorens TD-147 turn table for just under $500. Personally I'm not much of an audiophile, I can listen to scratchy records all day long.

Comment

• Hotfoot
                            Dazed and Confused
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Came up empty this weekend!
                            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Wow, that's some nice stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that our yard sales are of a far inferior breed around here. Or maybe they are just inbred. Nothing but clothes, infant and toddler items and endless Happy Meal toys. Nothing before 1995 for sure.

Chris
                              Same here! If there was a collectible market for used baby clothes, I could corner it in one morning!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎