X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Monster Squad Gallery Updates

It's that time of year again, where I show off my neat o discoveries from the hobby of collecting memoribilia from the one season Saturday Morning show "Monster Squad", not to be confused with the 80s movie. It's been a big year for Squad stuff. More after the jump:

Thanks to a great trade at the Mego forums, I managed to find not only a Bruce W. Wolf bendy figure.

but a carded Dracula as well, he's the most off model of the bunch but I don't have the heart to take him off the card. These were made by Carlin Playthings, who made them into weird little necklaces and even though they don't have the license, it's obivous who they're supposed to be.

I had a Wolfman costume before but not one in a box with the show logo. I got this from the collection of Dr Shocker himself, actor Daniel Roebuck.

I also finally added a kid's Dracula costume to the collection, I found the adult one a few times but never this. Sadly this example smells like it's been dwelling in a damp basement filled with kitty litter and old socks. It was discordant even trying to take this photo....

That's all for this year's Monster Squad Gallery updates, hopefully next year will bring even more!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I really need to get the DVD and try this show out. I'm sure my kids would love it. They've really discovered the Munsters this year and can't get enough.

The paint scheme on that Dracula looks more like Frankenstein! I guess those belt buckles are the real dead giveaway!

As for the stinky Dracula costume, may I suggest...garlic?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Fun Stuff! Good times for Saturday morning television.

Comment

• DCSTING
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 23, 2004

Wow!!! A Bruce W. Wolf Bendy! Had no idea...cool stuff!

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

That is hardcore-awesome. A clincial study needs to be done: Endorphins released by looking at vintage toys and Halloween costumes.

Thx for posting.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

You know that if Drac was off the card you'd totally wear that necklace! Good stuff indeed!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

Hey B, have you seen the Monster Squad van that Jeepers Creepers has in the market place? He's in Ontario, maybe something you'd be interested in?

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Besides Fred Grandy, are Michael Lane, Henry Polic and Buck Kartalian "famous"? I mean, do they do conventions or has anyone sought them out for interviews about the show? It seems the show had a lot of famous guest-villains ala Batman.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by stretchandro
                  Hey B, have you seen the Monster Squad van that Jeepers Creepers has in the market place? He's in Ontario, maybe something you'd be interested in?
                  Appreciate it but I'm only after a carded one right now.

Besides Fred Grandy, are Michael Lane, Henry Polic and Buck Kartalian "famous"? I mean, do they do conventions or has anyone sought them out for interviews about the show? It seems the show had a lot of famous guest-villains ala Batman.
                  Buck was Julius in Planet of the Apes, he does shows in fact I've met him. However, I didn't make the Bruce connection at the time (this was the 90s) and he wasn't displaying any Monster Squad photos, a missed opportunity.

Henry Polic had a great career including being the voice of the scarecrow for Batman TAS, I have never seen him at a show though. Michael Lane was a wrestler and a character actor, I assume he's retired. I should probably write to these people....
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

Thanks for that info Brian. Yes, you should. They might be surprised Monster Squad has a following.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Oh wow, fun stuff, Brian. I'd love to spend a day with your horror collection
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎