X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Costume of the Week: Ultra-Man

As much as I'd like to say I own this killer Collegeville Ultraman suit, I don't. Fortunately for me, Corey volunteered some shots of his collection to the blog including the two variations of this classic suit, more after the jump.

Above is the first version suit and smock, I don't know why they chose gold but I'm just happy there is an Ultra-man suit at all!

This is the second version of the suit, which has more than one colour and frankly just makes it look nicer.

The mask has those safety reflectors on it.

Love it!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Enik24
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 4, 2011

With that gold mask,he looks more like thr rocketeer
    <>_<> I will always be watching you, always.

Comment

• Enik24
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 4, 2011

Oops, I mean "the".
      <>_<> I will always be watching you, always.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The artwork is several steps above most of the drawings used on Ben Cooper costumes. Some of those looked like they were drawn with Magnum .44 markers on cocktail napkins, while the artist was riding over gravel!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Yes! I once owned this costume!!! It isn't as cool as I once remembered.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

It hurts to look at this costume. I use to have it mint in the box as a kid. I adored it so much, I only took it out to look at it. My mother threw it away during a cleaning excursion. Scarred to this day. Especially when I see what it goes for..

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

I love that Corey still has the one on its original display hanger. Very cool!
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

My brother and I wore the second version of the Ultraman costume way back when. I'll never forget that mask with the safety reflective circles on it - when night fell and we shined a light on the mask, WOW!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

For the past couple of months they've been airing Ultraman 80 here in Belgium, something to look forward to every week
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎