X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

looking for ideas...

I've got a nekkid 12 inch movie Superman and I'm pondering ideas... so far they have been less than inspired... I now reach out to you my custom comrades for idea starters... Thoughts, Suggestions?
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Mego or the new Mattel one I heard about? Mego I would do the first two, Mattel the last two.

After Supes a lot of people seem to know "Time after Time" pretty well. I bet that would appeal to the ladies as it seems every woman I know loves that film. You could get some beautiful pictures of Jane Semore for the box!

Next would be "Deathtrap" . A lot of people enjoy this one. Have fun with it .You could get soem beautiful pictures of Micheal Caine for the box!

My favorite Hitchcock was "Rear Window" and casting Reeves for the remake was a wonderful idea. Suspense fans.

I only saw the preview of Reeves on "Smallville". Thats could be an idea too.
    Those are my Reeves ideas.

Comment

• nazgul
      Lord of Light
      • May 2, 2011

How about a 12" Clark Kent?
      You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

The problem you're going to run into is getting clothes to fit on that body. THe chest is massive and way larger than typical Joe/Dragon/Hot Toys clothing. Plus, that sculpt doesn't even come close to looking anything like Reeves. You might go the same route Jordiway did and make a 12 inch Shazam. Paint the hair brown like Bostwick and get a Leitner suit.

A Clark Kent would be awesome if you find anything to fit.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Thanks for the tips everybody. I'm starting to feel a bit more ambitious when it comes to customizing again. Now that I've got my man cave area to play in (plus a garage) I want to step up the output. A couple years back I bought a small sewing machine and I really want to learn how to use it. I am leaning towards a Clark Kent or possibly a Booster Gold. I still have an 8-inch DJ Lance Rock on the to do list too. It's just a matter of finding the time. I used to really love doing customs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

howsabout Christopher Reeve-Jockey?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Man of Action
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 26, 2006

Invisible man...you know it's holoween and all!!!

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

A 12" Mego-y Clark Kent (as stated above) could be a very interesting way to go. I don't know if I ever saw one using a Mego base (assuming you have the head).

Good luck and post pics!
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎