X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

AHI, What was your favorite toy?

Ahi put out so many cool superhero toys such as water pistols, superhero cars, helicopters, motorcycles, apes, monsters and so on. As a kid Ahi toys were easy to come by given the many stores that carried them plus the cheap sticker price. I remember having so many of them and can remember vividly playing outside with them during the summer. My favorite would be a tie between the superhero parachute figures and the Super Klobbers (inflatible boxing gloves). I've been hunting for a pair of Spiderman Klobbers for 7 years now without any luck. What were your favorites?
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'd have to say either the parachute guys, or the Batboat that actually floated and ran on the water. That was pretty sweet.

I'm drawing a blank; did AHI make the flying Batcopter and Spider-Copter? You know the ones that yuo pulled the rip cord and they flew up in the air (similar to the Mego CAH Batcopter but much smaller). If they made those, they'd be up at the top for me too.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

The AHI Frankenstein is one of my favorite figures, and in my opinion the best Frankenstein figure ever made.

Here is a picture of mine...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

rubber jiggly cornelius.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

The AHI Parachutists! However, they had a lot of great toys, in my opinion.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
            Web Wobbler
            • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I'm drawing a blank; did AHI make the flying Batcopter and Spider-Copter? You know the ones that yuo pulled the rip cord and they flew up in the air (similar to the Mego CAH Batcopter but much smaller). If they made those, they'd be up at the top for me too.

Chris
            I think this is what you are talking about. This is the Italian Harbert version of the Spidey-copter. The U.S. version is basically identical, aside from the text and, of couse, the Harbert logo.

AHI is probably my favorite company to collect. Oops! Did I just say that on a Mego board...LOL!! There was just amazing diversity in their products. From cheap rack toys to the amazing "World Famous Super Monsters" line, and everything in between. I also am inclined to say that it doesn't get much better than their Frankenstein. I too have been searching for the Spider-Man Super Klobbers. Let me know if you come across any...
            Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
            Good Trader List

Comment

• highquality
              #1 Super Guy
              • Jun 10, 2003

I had the Cheapo AHI Spiderman Remote Control Car as a Kid. The Monsters line will always be my favorite, but the Spidey Car is for sentimental reasons.
              WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• spock5
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 14, 2006

Parachutist

~~~~I will finally have my 1st Ahi toy.Yeah,better late than never,I finally won a Spidey Parachutist.Typically in the past I usually get out bid but the seller put a reserve that knowone reached then since I was high bidder gave me a BIN offer of $25 and still carded.Can`t wait to get him home and Spiderman is one of my favorites to collect.
                Ken

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

The Mego style monsters and the parachute guys.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Congrats on the grab Ken. I was watching that auction and started to bid but figured the seller had too high a reserve. Glad you got it!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I think this is what you are talking about. This is the Italian Harbert version of the Spidey-copter. The U.S. version is basically identical, aside from the text and, of couse, the Harbert logo.
                      Yep that's it! Thanks for posting that. It brings back lots of fond memories!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• English Paul
                        Archive cased.
                        • Aug 17, 2005

As far as i`m aware the only AHI toy I had as a kid was the radio control Spidercar, the one that only went forwards or reversed in a 90 degree turn. Very stylish looking car with great wheels and tyres let down by the basic operation.
                        I see them on Ebay occasionally but have never been tempted to re-live the glory days.
                        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• MegoGeek
                          From The Black Lagoon
                          • Jun 27, 2001

Monster jigglers!
                          ______
                          ChArLiE

Comment

• DCSTING
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 23, 2004

For me it would be the AHI Monsters. When I was a kid they were basicly Mego's to me, there was no difference. 2nd on my list would be the parachute figures. Although to this day I am still stumped as to why Superman, Dr. Zaius or Spock needed a parachute.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

I had the RC Hulk truck. (Now I have three of them:-) Close second would be the parachuters. My grandma ended up taking them because I wouldn't quit throwing them in the house.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎