X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

DC Super Friends and JLU figures

I see alot of people posting on here, looking for this fig or that fig. I know nothing about them. If some one can post some info on the HTF ones, and maybe a picture, I will be glad to look.
    sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

So you know which ones to scalp?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ramsey37
      • Jun 18, 2001

Zing!
      George

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        So you know which ones to scalp?
        Exactly!!!! Morons like you paying $20 for $3 toys. T-Bolt, do me a favor, if you don't have anything good to say on one of my topics, STFU!!! PM me if you don't know what that means!!!!

You have more comments on the topics I start, trying to start crap, than any other topics you post on. It is pathetic and sad!!!
        Last edited by theantiquetiger; Dec 14, '07, 11:25 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Ok, sorry... Its Batman and Superman. Those are the HTF Ebay gold figures. Hpoe that helps you out. Not trying to start anything, I just get the impression that you are just here for info and to brag about ebay flipping. Surprised we don't get action photos of you opening boxes and drooling over stuff. seems like those are two of your favorite topics. Oh, and the Tigers. I'm not a ebay moron, if I don't find what I want at the local store, I do without.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• theantiquetiger
            • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            I just get the impression that you are just here for info and to brag about ebay flipping.... seems like those are two of your favorite topics. Oh, and the Tigers.
            Yeah, I have been here two years to gather info on $3 DC & JLU toys inorder to undermine the toy world and control its destiny!!!

If you do not like my topics on stuff I find at garage sales, LSU Tigers, or any other topic I start, don't read it and/or post to it. I do believe it does show who starts the topic. Go start one yourself, talk about the dumb dog you are always posting about.

BTW, I have never been a toy scalper. Toy scalpers is one of the two reasons I stopped collecting new Hot Wheels. They have ruined that toy.

Early last year, I posted an auction of a new toy I found (Spiderman cars) on here. ABMAC called me a scalper. I had only sold older toys before that. I realized what it was, and pulled the auction then (I still have the cars).

If I was a scalper, I wouldn't be a very good one. Lets see what '"hot toys" I have sold here to members for cost, when I could have put them on Ebay and double, tripled, or made even more than that:

Transformers Bumblebee (both cars for cost, I even picked up the shipping)

12" GI Joes from Walmart (3 sets for less than if they bought them themselves because my Walmart marked them wrong. This was even during when some members here had some on Ebay for $25 over cost for the set)

3.75" GI Joes 25th Ann figures (a complete set for cost plus shipping)

HW Treasure Hunts (plus about 20 other cars, I just gave them away )

HW Batmobiles (when they were HTF earlier this year, gave them away )

$200 (atleast) in vintage Star Trek models (just gave them away )

I have scalped a toy one time. When the Tickle Me Elmos came out last year and sold out nationwide in one day, I stumble across a fresh display at my Wal-Mart of about 60 of them (this was four days after their release). I bought 20 of them and sold them in one night, making $700-$800, and paid for Christmas. This was the day after I bought one off Ebay for $80 because my wife wanted one for our daughters. Am I proud of it? No; Would I do it again, yes I would!!! It was pure luck of being in the right place at the right time. A true scalper would have bought all 60 of them.

As for me bragging about my treasure hunting finds, yes, I guess it is bragging. Everyone knows this is one of my main hobbies, and I have had ALOT of great finds. It is no different than someone finding a mint Mego for pennies on the dollar and showing it off here.
            Last edited by theantiquetiger; Dec 15, '07, 7:15 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
              Banned
              • Oct 17, 2007

your a good guy Tiger, seems like many of the MM members need to learn from your example.
              i did do the ELMO's last year too..sold like 40 of them. People are stupid at christmas...just wait 2 days after and get them all. of course hot wheel and action figure collectors are the worse. if they don't have the latest action figure or car to talk about it on a collectors board they will die. I can't wait until most of them figure out what women and real life is about.

If I could scalp Hanna Montana tickets , i would in a heartbeat...LOL

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by PCofmisfittoys
                your a good guy Tiger, seems like many of the MM members need to learn from your example.
                i did do the ELMO's last year too..sold like 40 of them. People are stupid at christmas...just wait 2 days after and get them all. of course hot wheel and action figure collectors are the worse. if they don't have the latest action figure or car to talk about it on a collectors board they will die. I can't wait until most of them figure out what women and real life is about.

If I could scalp Hanna Montana tickets , i would in a heartbeat...LOL
                You must not have kids. try to explain supply and demand to a kid and why SAnta stiffed em out of what they really wanted
                In order to preserve the magic of Santa parents will do almost anything even if it means overpaying for the hot toy thier 5 year old wants.
                I collect toys too but long ago stopped being a completeist when I realized the toy companies make alot of stuff I really only bought to say I had "them all"
                Last edited by jds1911a1; Dec 15, '07, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Errr....

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                  I have scalped a toy one time. When the Tickle Me Elmos came out last year and sold out nationwide in one day, I stumble across a fresh display at my Wal-Mart of about 60 of them (this was four days after their release). I bought 20 of them and sold them in one night, making $700-$800, and paid for Christmas. This was the day after I bought one off Ebay for $80 because my wife wanted one for our daughters. Am I proud of it? No; Would I do it again, yes I would!!! It was pure luck of being in the right place at the right time. A true scalper would have bought all 60 of them.
                  It's funny, I distinctly remember you slamming me several months ago when I mentioned that I work for Wal-Mart and that I was willing to try and find some HW Batmobiles *at cost* for folks who were still looking for them at the time. I'm not sure I see how grabbing 1/3 of a store's stock of a hot ticket item is somehow better than me spending weeks keeping my eyes peeled on my breaks at work.
                  George

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                    • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by ramsey37
                    It's funny, I distinctly remember you slamming me several months ago when I mentioned that I work for Wal-Mart and that I was willing to try and find some HW Batmobiles *at cost* for folks who were still looking for them at the time. I'm not sure I see how grabbing 1/3 of a store's stock of a hot ticket item is somehow better than me spending weeks keeping my eyes peeled on my breaks at work.
                    George
                    I have never slammed you or anyone else on this site. I know alot of HW collectors slam WM employees because they think they are all scalpers. Show me the post where I "slammed" you, and I will appologize. The only thing I remember about that was I thought it was stupid to even pay $3 shipping for $1 toy.

As for WM, when I did collect new HW's, I would go out of my way and even clean up the HW pegs because a lot of collectors leave it a mess.
                    Last edited by theantiquetiger; Dec 15, '07, 12:58 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ramsey37
                      • Jun 18, 2001

Well, since you asked...

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                      I have never slammed you or anyone else on this site. I know alot of HW collectors slam WM employees because they think they are all scalpers. Show me the post where I "slammed" you, and I will appologize. The only thing I remember about that was I thought it was stupid to even pay $3 shipping for $1 toy.

As for WM, when I did collect new HW's, I would go out of my way and even clean up the HW pegs because a lot of collectors leave it a mess.
                      The post in question can be found here:
                      The Mego Forum has Moved to: - Don't Look Now, I am Doing Another Custom Batmobile

And here's a direct quote to simplify things: "Now you have Ramsey, who works at WallyWorld, gonna snatch up all he can find for this site. That there is hoarding, and no offense, Ramsey (this may or may not apply to you), but Walmart/Target employess are the worst hoarders when it comes to Hot Wheels. Now this site is not allowing collectors and kids near that Walmart to get their "Big Macs", just so you can have yours"
                      Now, it's entirely possible you meant that in sweet, loving way, but it sure doesn't read that way to me.
                      George

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Come on guys,there's no need for this.You guys are all cool people.Let's just take a few deep breathes and remember we're all friends in here
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I got your dumb dog right here.

Its cool man, go to Shoney's and have a brownie sundae. It'll make you feel better.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎