X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

lightguns on computers

where would i go to get one of these? will they work on MAME, nes emulators, and genesis emulators? Ive tried using usb adaptors on a few light guns from game systems but it didnt work...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
    where would i go to get one of these? will they work on MAME, nes emulators, and genesis emulators? Ive tried using usb adaptors on a few light guns from game systems but it didnt work...
    Light guns do not work on LCD TVs and monitors.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

if i got an reg monitor would they work then? im thinking about building a arcade cab, lol

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

if i got an reg monitor would they work then? im thinking about building a arcade cab, lol
        It would have to be an old picture tube style monitor.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

ok, i'll have to start doing some homework on it

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

ok, i'll have to start doing some homework on it
            Cool, whenever you finish your arcade cabinet be sure to post a pic of it. It would be neat to see.

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

im thinking of something like this http://www.mameroom.com/Products_Bartop_Kit.asp along with the x arcade controller. the controller is kinda heavy though, like eight pounds. ill probably have to play around though. it could get expensive if im not careful

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Ah, cool, one of those little bar top kits. Pretty neat.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

the x arcade joystick is a hundred and the ones they are offering on this site is like five hundred and something!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

if i build this from the hardware store it still gonna cost over three hundred with the computer, joystick, etc. looks like ill have to save. i play enough games that it would get alot of use though. if i just play old games a refurbished computer wont cost much. anything can run pacman, etc. really i would like a real nice computer in it for newer games...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎