Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a little LOVE...for the 8" Kidbiz Batman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

How about a little LOVE...for the 8" Kidbiz Batman?

What'd Ya think...I don't think this Guy get's enough credit? Released only in Australia & Belgium...this figure was the closest thing to Mego...since Mego went Belly up! Sure...He's got kind of a silly smile, which is so unlike Batman(but very like Mego!).Maybe His Body's not has a good as a Mego...but He does have a lot of Mego-likeness to Him...removeable Suit, Boots, Belt, Cape. Until Doc Mego & EMCE Toys came along...this Guy was it!
    sigpic
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Yeah, the body isn't as good as Mego, but other than that he's cool. Wish they made more figures
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
      Yeah, the body isn't as good as Mego, but other than that he's cool. Wish they made more figures

You're right! Since it was made because of the 1989 Batman Movie...They should have done the Joker!
      sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

i love the figure . he is in my collectionas a chips officer. his outfit is on a mego batman.

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

I saw one of those at the last megomeet and he trully is a nice figure.
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

I think it's a nice figure too. Anyone wanna buy a MOC one?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I bought mine MOC sometime in between the 89 movie and Returns. I couldn't stand myself and "released him" a few years later. The figure has a real Mego feel to it. The head has a slight smile, the boots have some detail, but not alot, and the plastic belt is well-sculpted (just like Mego's Batman). I have him displayed with my customs and miscelanous TV characters (Trek, Dukes, Fonzie, etc.).

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

He's ok in my book, I've owned a few. I think I like the concept of a mego-like figure coming out of another country more than I do the actual figure. In today's market you never see goofy foreign exclusives any more......
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

I dig 'em... that PACO body is wreak-tastic, but otherwise it's really an excellent figure.

-Dave

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I love the figure. It's one of the few figures that's still in my collection since I bought him right around the time he was released but not sure when I got him. I think it was around batman returns. Anyway He's been around since my collecting days started many years ago.

I bought mine from a comic book store and the guy charged me $60.00 for him and told me he had mego on his back. This guy told me that they used mego molds for him. I didn't believe him as it is similar to mego but it's clearly not mego nor it's mold. I got him anyway but had to know for certain if the figure really had mego on his back and I opened him up. I wasn't surprised. I never regretted getting him and have always like the figure alot. A joker like this would have been so nice. A Catwoman evern better!

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

I have a loose one I bought a few years ago. The price was too good to pass
                      up. It may not be the best constructed figure but it looks good and it's
                      interseting that it wasn't available in the U.S.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I really like the figure. Just recently added him (MOC) from an Ebay purchase. Dirt cheap too...under $20.00 with shipping. The seller had I think four or five of them. Definitely worth the investment for Mego fans out there that don't have one. I haven't brought myself to break him out of his package but the urge has certainly been there. The body looks veyr much like a Mego. Can anyone tell me what the differences are? It appears to be jointed in all of the same places the original Mego body was. Is this the case?

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                          Fist of Khonshu
                          • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
                          Can anyone tell me what the differences are? It appears to be jointed in all of the same places the original Mego body was. Is this the case?
                          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

I've always liked that figure. If I had a loose one, I'd Megofy him. And then there would be an epic battle between the classic Mego Batman and the new custom Batman. Perhaps classic Batman would consider him an abomination, but they'd be standing on my display shelf side by side after the battle. Eventually they'd overcome their animosity towards each other. Perhaps they'd go into business together and open a bagel shop. They'd call it Bagels By Batmen.

I need my medication.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• JDeRouen
                              Author of Small Things
                              • Jun 14, 2001

I have a loose one, and I did Megoify him.
                              --
                              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎