X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Preferred 3.75" Action Figure Design

For those of you who are a fan of this scale, I'm curious to know which 3.75" action figure design is most popular with my fellow Mego Museum members, Kenner vintage Star Wars or Hasbro vintage G.I. Joe? And by "design" I'm referring specifically to the articulation.
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

I like Star Wars.
    it allows for better sculpts too.
    aw yeah likeness.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

80s RAH GI JOE.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

Vintage GI Joe.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• MLoudin
          Possessed by Megos
          • Sep 13, 2007

80's Joe

Comment

• argent007
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 7, 2005

Yo Joe!

I liked Star Wars as well. But, GI Joe was the best.
            My Updated Want List:
            Comic book original art
            1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
            Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I like the bent leg mego version.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• gman
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 4, 2002

80's GI Joe....
                Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

It really depends on the application to me.
                  If someone was going for a serious 70s vibe, I would like the 5 cut-joint look and would not be concerned about extreme character likeness.

I also enjoy the micronaut/black hole/etc. design that the 80s Joes utilized. If used correctly, these can have a good amount of character likeness and hold a few more poses than the 5cut body. Again, I would probably not choose that for a 60s or 70s franchise, tho.

What I really like to see is nice cloth good accessories, even at that scale.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by rche
                    It really depends on the application to me.
                    If someone was going for a serious 70s vibe, I would like the 5 cut-joint look and would not be concerned about extreme character likeness.

I also enjoy the micronaut/black hole/etc. design that the 80s Joes utilized. If used correctly, these can have a good amount of character likeness and hold a few more poses than the 5cut body. Again, I would probably not choose that for a 60s or 70s franchise, tho.

What I really like to see is nice cloth good accessories, even at that scale.
                    This is exactly how I feel except I think cloth accessories would be very difficult to do at that scale. Even with the more modern figures the soft goods pieces tend to look oversized. The Star Wars VOTC by Hasbro is a good example of this.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

This is exactly how I feel except I think cloth accessories would be very difficult to do at that scale. Even with the more modern figures the soft goods pieces tend to look oversized. The Star Wars VOTC by Hasbro is a good example of this.
                      I think that depends on the character and application. The modern Hasbro has sort of gotten out of hand with the screen accuracy attempts, in my opinion. However, if you look at the original SW and PotF lines, there were some great cloth goods. General Lando's cape, the Pancho for Leia on endor, Emperors Royal Guard, the skiff guard fellows weird fur skirt front thing: All were awesome. If you want to think even smaller; Yoda's robe and even the Jawa robe were great at that scale.

I think the trap for cloth goods is in attempting to be too realistic with them. Actually, that is probable the case for that entire scale as an articulated figure. If you want to make a mini statue, modern sculpting and casting can get it done. If you want to make it move, you still have to deal with how the joints are hidden.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Joes

Check out Mezco's 3.75 Cinema of Fear and Hellboy figures for hands down the nicest all around 3.75 figures to date.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                          are you planning on doing a 3 3/4" Buck Rogers line like the VOTC Starwars figures??

BOUGHT!!!

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                            are you planning on doing a 3 3/4" Buck Rogers line like the VOTC Starwars figures??

BOUGHT!!!
                            Sorry to say but that's not gonna happen, at least not from me. I've only got the license until the end of the year and after that I'm moving on to other things.

Comment

• Type Two
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 20, 2010

80's GI Joe for articulation. I actually prefer the "straight neck" design over the "ball neck." Also, gotta have the swivel arm battle grip. Strangely, there are only a handful of figures that have both straight necks and s.a.b.g.
                              Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎