Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ogemtoys
    • May 15, 2009

a micro toon

I've always wondered why mego never branched out in and developed cartoons with some of their properties.I know the apes had a toon but it i think a micro toon wouldve been really nice to have seen.I also know cartoons and toylines didnt really get the cuffs off at that time too.What do you think? and then who wouldve animated it at that time?
  • doctor09210
    Banned
    • Aug 22, 2011

i think if it had a Power Rangers approach and it had really low budget costumes and all
    it would be fun

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ogemtoys
      I've always wondered why mego never branched out in and developed cartoons with some of their properties.I know the apes had a toon but it i think a micro toon wouldve been really nice to have seen.I also know cartoons and toylines didnt really get the cuffs off at that time too.What do you think? and then who wouldve animated it at that time?
      There were laws in place that forbade that sort of thing, Marty Abrams was one of the crusaders in getting that law repealed but he didn't have a toy company by the time it was said and done.

Apes could have a cartoon because it started out as a property, not as a toy line, same with Star Trek.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• doctor09210
        Banned
        • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
        There were laws in place that forbade that sort of thing, Marty Abrams was one of the crusaders in getting that law repealed but he didn't have a toy company by the time it was said and done.

Apes could have a cartoon because it started out as a property, not as a toy line, same with Star Trek.

interesting

what about toy to movie

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

Super Friends was on every Saturday moring. That worked for me.
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

He Man, transformers and GI Joe RAH were really the first out of the starting Gaye to really take advantage of the 1/2 hour animated commercial disguised as tv show once the laws were struck down forbidding it. Until that point, I guess comic books were the go to for getting tie in story lines out there for the kids.

So you had the Micronauts comic book, ROM, even He Man debuted in proto form in the mini comics and DC's tie in preview and Superman team up. Years prior to that you had Captain Action in hs own comic of course.

You can't blame the toy companies for really pushing GI je and He Nan though... No licensing fees.

I wonder which direction they would have taken a Micronauts cartoon? Certainly if Marvel's animated studio was involved like it was with GI Joe, it might have hewn closer to Bill Mantlo's comic book versions. Or would the Abrams have wanted them to look and feel more like the toys in the end?
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Until that point, I guess comic books were the go to for getting tie in story lines out there for the kids.

Yeah, but there was still a separation. The comic guys and the toy guys would each do their thing apart from each other. (Hence one reason why stuff like Micronauts and Rom were so different from the toy lines.) GI Joe was the first really co-ordinated effort.

>Years prior to that you had Captain Action in hs own comic of course.

True; and you can see how DC had to fill in the blanks, 'specially considering how many of his costumes they couldn't use for copyright reasons.

>if Marvel's animated studio was involved like it was with GI Joe, it might have hewn closer to Bill Mantlo's comic book versions

Or not, considering how much GI Joe differed from the comic. The Sunbow stuff was really, REALLY cheaply done too; so I can only imagine a Micronauts version.

DOn C.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎