X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Whats your NEW favorite vintage game you just discovered

sometimes we miss a game when first released and years ago finally play it and enjoy the heck out of it. Anyone here have a game like that they just cant put down?
    Mine right now is Renegage on nes and foodfight on atari 7800
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

i meant to say years later,lol

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Lock N Chase. Had not played it until recently. Excellent Pac-Man clone.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

lock n chase is a good one. i like it better than ladybug. have you ever tried mouse trap? thats a very addictive pacman style game, i have trouble remembering the right buttons to mash sometimes...

Comment

• Jerry68
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 12, 2008

Astrosmash
          sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Its not too vintage, but I just started playing the first Paper Mario game from 2001. Doesn't have the humor of the later ones, but still a good time.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

my very first system was an intellivision, i use to stay up late into the night playing this and night stalker (give that game a try). i didnt have an atari until many years later.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

its hard to imagine it but you could say a game from ten years ago is vintage now. that was on the n64 right? i still havent played majoria mask yet i skipped it because its a beat the time type of game. at least thats what i was told by a friend. havent played paper mario yet either, i'll probably get around to it at some point...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                  my very first system was an intellivision, i use to stay up late into the night playing this and night stalker (give that game a try).
                  The Intellivision is a great system. Pac-Man for the Intellivision absolutely puts the 2600 version to shame.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

back when i was a wee lad (around 9 or so) back in 83, the atari was the system to have. i thought the intellivision was inferior just because EVERYONE had an atari. really the intellivision is a good deal more powerful. atari had more publishers (which of course is the reason so many games are so bad to)

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                      WANTED for card bending
                      • Apr 26, 2008

River Raid, probably the most addictive game on any vintage system, save for Yar's Revenge, which when you get too far, simply crashes....

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

but as for new finds.... can't say any, played 'em all when they were new! I an a Vidiot!

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                          really the intellivision is a good deal more powerful.
                          Totally, both the Intellivision and Colecovision smoked the Atari 2600's graphics. The Colecovision was insane for its day. Awesome arcade ports. I still remember walking into a store as a kid and seeing a Colecovision running for the first time. The store had Donkey Kong running. I was like, whoa.

My first game console was actually the 5200. Loved it! Before the controllers broke anyways. Great graphics and sound. I think it would be a much more beloved system if the controllers weren't so bad.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

the 5200 was one of atari's many blunders when it could have and should have been a hit. they remind me of sega in so many ways with how the saturn and dreamcast did. the 7800 was SUPPOSE to have been released in 84 (the controller and size of the 5200 were a big deal) and by the time they did release it the NES was already kickin the old games to the curve. i wonder sometimes what things would have been like if atari had manage to dominate. super mario bros and alex kidd on the 7800!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

the colecovision was fantastic. it managed to have great ports of frogger and q bert and a number of others. unfortunately this is another system back in the day that was really expensive so i didnt know anyone who had one. i just played it at toystores. this system was a casualty of the "video game crash" in 84. i for one dont really feel games went downhill that much, i was just as in to them as i was when i was younger. we use to have some great ms pacman tournaments around town way into the time the nes was released.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎