X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Old School Playground at the Drive-In

Indiana still has quite a few Drive-In movie theaters. I can think of 4 within driving distance. Every Summer we go at least once. this weekend was Shrek 3 and Blades of Glory at our favorite Drive-In, (Spidey3 and Ghostrider on screen 2) and like any good drive-in it has a playground. Perhaps the original playground that's been there all 57 years the place has been open. Monkey bars, three old school slides and a merry go round. My son spun around on the merry go round 75% of his play time, and it made me sick just watching him. No rubber mulch, totally crack your skull open dangerous and my kids loved it.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Wow, a still-open drive-in. I barely remember walking into the Roosevelt Drive-In and standing by the speakers with some friends to listen to movies. My memories of the lot are more ties into what it became- the Roosevelt Flea Market
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

The last drive-in around here closed up in '96. When I was a kid, my mom would never let me play in the drive-in playground , even though we would park right near it. I dunno what she thought would happen.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

In Reno, where I used to live (and I'm going for a visit in June) they still have a Drive-In. 4 screens. They used to have a playground but they took it out. During the off season, the Drive-In is used as a swap meet every saturday and sunday. I love going to that drive in. They show 2 movies and the sound for each screen is broadcast via radio so you can have good sound in your car instead of those little speaker boxes.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

We've got 2 within driving distance near me. I go at least once a year. Take some friends, a blanket and food it's a great time! I remember seeing Jaws at a drive in theater.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎