Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Romulan helmet have any markings inside?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

Does a Romulan helmet have any markings inside?

As the title says. Is there anything to identify an original?

Cheers.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Original compared to what? Until Emcee's are released, there are no factory reproductions of the Romulan Helmet. Handcasted versions are pretty easy to spot based on finish and materials. Doc's original hand casted versions were very hard and brittle, they had that gold spray paint thing going on as well, so never had that plated look. His later versions are very flexible, but still have that gold spray paint look. They are pretty easy to spot.

Once I get the new EMCEE versions in hand, I'll have a full description up on Accessory Check as quickly as possible.

Comment

• English Paul
      Archive cased.
      • Aug 17, 2005

Some Romulans that we see on ebay don't have very clear photos and it would be usefull to be able to ask "Is the helmet marked Mego Corp inside?" or something similar if you see what I mean. At least that way I can be sure of an original.

The Rommy is on my 2008 hitlist and I want to be sure I get it right.
      "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Ah, I see what angle you're working here. You want an identifier non-mego people could recognize. I follow you. Been a while since I've actually had the Rommy helmet off the figure, but will take a closer look on the inside of it tonight and see. There is nothing obvious on the outside, so if there is something it would be on the inside. I don't remember anything in there, but there could be.

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

Just checked. No, no markings on the inside at all.

Comment

• English Paul
            Archive cased.
            • Aug 17, 2005

Thanks Dave for looking.

I missed out on one last night by $2.50
            Romulan Star Trek Aliens Mego 8" action figure on eBay, also, Mego, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies (end time 05-Dec-07 03:30:00 GMT)
            Of course i'll never know how high the winner went to but I almost had a bargain.
            If they didn't bid I would have won it for $142.50
            Last edited by English Paul; Dec 5, '07, 9:50 AM.

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

Almost. Heck, the winner still got a bargain. A complete Romulan for under $300? That is indeed a deal.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎