X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCofmisfittoys
    Banned
    • Oct 17, 2007

The Mother of al Micronauts Auction

just had to post about this incredible EBAY auction . the original art from the Alien cards from the Micronauts line...I have their autographs but not on micronaut items...lordy lordy...

Frazetta Ken Kelly Original Micronauts Microman Art Lot - (eBay item 180112166962 end time Dec-25-07 0203 PST)

the guy has some other great artwork too.
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

Rumel's a good guy, and he's got some of Dave Dorman's artwork from the Palisades Micronauts line as well. (Small, but beautiful!)

When I was helping Hero Factory put together the Micronauts trading card set, Rumel actually packed up the Ken Kelly paintings (many of them are very large on heavy board) and drove them to the photography studio and then sat around all day with them to get them photographed - all just to share 'em with the rest of the world and only in exchange for a few copies of the final product.

Too bad Marty Abrams couldn't be convinced to be as accessible in order to get Antron into the set... :-( (that's a whole other story there).

KK made ltd-ed prints of Hornetroid and Terraphant for the Micropolis Embassy. He might still have a couple unsigned prints left @ kenkellyart.com . I haven't decided yet when/if I might ask him to make another for us - or which Alien we'll choose.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
      Banned
      • Oct 17, 2007

Dave has some great work as well . pretty cool story. They would have still bombed I feel with the star wars era beginning.

But putting them on EBAY is an odd choice because the asking price is something He'll never get truly even in real life. The are incredible paintings to be sure but it's an area that would only attract a select few really. they should be in a museum somewhere instead of peddeled on ebay.
      He would make more money making limited edition prints and selling them to collectors. I know I would purchase the prints in any form.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎