X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UOBob
    Mostly Harmless
    • Jul 18, 2006

Scared To Buy A Falcon

Ok, I've never owned a Falcon before and I have questions about the wings on his costume. I can't find a real nice and detailed pic of what the fringe of the wings are supposed to look like. I'm scared to buy one off Ebay, because all the wing fringes look freyed and messed up to me. Could someone post/send to me/direct me to a clear, big photo of what a minty Falcon wing fringe should look like?
    мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

Did you look at the one in the gallery?

Comment

• UOBob
      Mostly Harmless
      • Jul 18, 2006

Yeah, I was hoping there was a more giant pic somewhere. I'm still not clear on exactly where each wing is attached to the bodysuit and I'm hoping to find a more close-up, detailed shot of the wing edges.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Look in the new MEGO book that is out, it has a lot of great pics of the figures.

Lynn

Comment

• UOBob
          Mostly Harmless
          • Jul 18, 2006

Look in the new MEGO book that is out
          The wife told me not to buy it :(

This can only mean that it's going to be a gift from her for my Birthday or Christmas. I REALLY hope it's Christmas cause my bday ain't till April!!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

The wings are sewn to the arms of the body suit, and then again to the snap at the top of the back of the outfit. They consist of unhemmed felt, so it's probably easy for them to get a bit freyed or rough along some parts of the edges. I have a Falcon which while not absolutely mint, is unplayed with, and even he has some slight freying on some of the wing edges (the figure pictured in Benjamin's book looks to have almost unfreyed wings though. It's a really nice specimen).

Comment

• theantiquetiger
              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
              • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by UOBob
              The wife told me not to buy it :(

This can only mean that it's going to be a gift from her for my Birthday or Christmas.
              I don't know. it could mean you have not been good this year, maybe lumps of coals for you!!!

I am about 99% sure mine is under the tree. the clues are all there; Barnes & Noble $60 purchase on the books, wife took off with a BnN bag with large book in it, and a large shirt size box that weighs way too much to be a shirt.
              sigpic

Comment

• UOBob
                Mostly Harmless
                • Jul 18, 2006

I am about 99% sure mine is under the tree. the clues are all there; Barnes & Noble $60 purchase on the books, wife took off with a BnN bag with large book in it, and a large shirt size box that weighs way too much to be a shirt.
                She is sooooo totaly busted!

The wings are sewn to the arms of the body suit, and then again to the snap at the top of the back of the outfit. They consist of unhemmed felt
                This helps. Thankx!!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎