Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting you Comic Collection and realising...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Revisiting you Comic Collection and realising...

...Some of the books weren't in as great a condition as you thought they were. Been doing some cleaning and got into the closet that has all of my comics and I've been looking at some of the books that I've acquired over the last 30 years and I thought I had some books in my collection that I remembered as being fine+ or better and then you take them out to look at them and realize that they aren't. Looking at some of my complete runs of books like Defenders and Marvel Team Up and realizing I must have just wanted to FINISH my collection with whatever I found...cause some of the books I pulled out definitely don't make the cut if you know what I mean. And I can tell you I NEVER!!! manhandled any of my comics when I was a kid. I read them...but never manhandled them. Didn't fold them up and put them in my back pocket...nothing like that at all. I even used to wash my hands before I read my comics just so that in case I may have been eating something oily, like chips or something, I wouldn't even think about touching my books. My Brother Wannabemego can attest to that. Anyway, anyone else ever have that sinking feeling whilst checking in on your collection??? Or is it just me
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

funny you should mention this. I was just doing this myself and I am thiniking about replacing some books if I can get them cheap.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

I cleaned out my collection a few years back....Got rid of books I know have no value....kept the ones that meant alot to me...and replaced beat up copies as long as I can find them cheap.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

I know exactly what you mean. About 2 years ago I went though my entire collection re-bagging with some good mylars and found the condition to be less than what I thought in some comics. Mostly the ones that I have fairly complete runs of Marvel Team Up, Marvel Two-in-One, Invaders and Hero for Hire, Powerman. I'm not huge into condition unless it's golden or silver age.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

To a degree I get it, it just doesn't really matter to me. Most of my comic collection is weird random books that probably aren't worth much anyway, kept solely because I liked the story. My favourite comics seem to be oddball DC showcase and Mighty Crusaders.

But it was a weird feeling to give my son my JLA 21 and realise it isn't a really valuable book.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎