Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Super Collector, Mego Museum and ZICA!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Thank you Super Collector, Mego Museum and ZICA!

So I received the Tiger Man I won in the Super Collector contest today, and I can pretty much sum him up with WOWIE ZOWIE!

All of the photos I have seen just don't match up to how awesome this figure looks in person! Consider me very impressed!

I am now looking forward to the Hawk figure more than ever! Always wanted a Hawk figure as a kid. And picking up Buck just shot up higher on my priority list. Hitting Chicago Comic Con. next month and Gil will be there, so may wait and see if he is still selling them.

Also, I LOVE the box! I mean, I knew they were boxed, but I did not realize they were COFFIN window boxes. SWEET!

I should also add that this figure arrived within' three days! Apparently Craig doesn't mess around!

So thank you Mego Museum and ZICA! I am VERY happy with my prize!

Just another reason of millions why this is the best site on the web!
  • bp1701a
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 27, 2007

I oredered Buck and Tiger man about a month or so ago and I was also blown away with the figures and the box, I just wish ZICA would do Star Trek movie figures.....
    I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Which movie?

And they could certainly do a better job than Mattel, which relegated the revamped Trek to the Barbie line.

No articulation, an the Mattel version of Captain Kirk still looked too much like a Ken doll!

Or should I say that Ken didn't look enough like Captain Kirk?
      JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker

All of the photos I have seen just don't match up to how awesome this figure looks in person! Consider me very impressed!
        I think this has pretty much been everyone's experience with this figure in person. Despite being a lower tier character, he's undoubtably raised the bar in what can be accomplished in this format and moving past the Retro/nostalgia aspect of how people expect them to look like a 70's figure.

The sculpts, paints and detail has to be competitive with the stuff at TRU in the 3 3/4", 6", and 12" formats which continued to evolve for the thirty years that Megos were gone. Otherwise you are really limiting your base of potential customers.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bp1701a
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 27, 2007

which movie? ALL OF THEM.. Kirk and crew, Picard and crew,, playsets and all, extra outfits also,,,,,you know, space suits and dress uniforms, but definatly all the movies,Imagine the money that could be made,,,, and when other companies see that there is money to be made then get other licenses.... just a thought..
          I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• Marc
            • Jul 3, 2011

great picture of Tiger Man... Yeah, for me the details are amazing too... just fantastic...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎