X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Booyah!

Let me preface this by saying Canadian Toys R Us stores haven't gotten new JLU in over a year.

I went to make a sales call today and on the way home decided to pick up some print proofs. Did I mention the printer is next to a Toys R Us?

Entered Toys R Us and found the rack empty except for one single figure, Blue Devil. I felt my eyes pop, it was like a major victory. Of course, this will go in my boy's stocking and he'll never realize how cool that figure really is.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

That's a great story. I have almost gotten to a point where I don't even bother looking for anything at retail anymore since most everything that is sought after doesn't seem to even make it to the shelves.

Something does pull me over to the toy section though when I walk into a Wal-Mart or Target but without any expectation of finding anything.

It's always nice when you find that surprise item on the shelf.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

That's great Brian. I had the same feeling when I found the Super Friends Aquaman for my boy. I only stopped at TRU because my son asked to go and we were ahead of schedule, for once. I haven't seen it anywhere before or since.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. I haven't scene any of the new ones anywhere over here.., Great Score Brian.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Blue Devil is pretty cool. The Grodd set is starting to show at Target, so keep them eyes peeled.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎